Hard Liquor

The RR containers are heavy duty plastic and have a different shape profile to glass bottles - the x ray techies are looking for specific shapes and items in addition to alcohol. They are also keeping their beady eyes out for bottles that have a liquor bottle 'shape' to them. Remember that these guys have to screen mountains of luggage in the shortest possible time, so anything that isn't too obvious will not be flagged.

For the best chance of getting them on board, place them in your checked luggage and make sure you don't have anything else that might get your bags flagged.

I highly doubt it. Cognac is not wine - even though it's made from wine, which is double-distilled to produce a type of brandy. It's considered a distilled spirit, and has a much higher alcohol content that wine (40% vs 14%). Also, the bottle looks entirely different from a wine bottle, so it would stand out as being "hard liquor" to security if they happened to see it during a bag scan.

Rum runners would be perfect for carrying Cognac - unlike wine, Cognac doesn't deteriorate over time. So you can pack it in your luggage in a rum runner, and enjoy it for the duration of your cruise. :)

;) I just received my cruise kit and can't wait to use it. This is exactly why I ordered it. Just thought someone may have just taken the bottle on board for argument sake :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the reply.

;) I just received my cruise kit and can't wait to use it. This is exactly why I ordered it. Just thought someone may have just taken the bottle on board for argument sake :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the reply.

They work great. Just read the instructions and you will be fine.

I ordered the cruise kit on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. The company's service is great. I like the idea of taking the wine in cardboard containers onboard. You can buy small ones that hold maybe 4 glasses of wine, and that's perfect for wine on the balcony before dinner on a 5-night cruise. (Well, a couple of them are perfect.)

What are TGIF mixers and powdered mixers that come in envelopes? They are just mixers for drinks, right? They don't have alcohol in them, right? I was thinking about bringing Crystal Light orange flavor, mixed w/ vanila vodka they taste like and orange cremsicle and the only real calories come from the vodka.

Do you mix the crystal light with water, then add vodka or are you missing the powder and vodka together?

"Do you mix the crystal light with water, then add vodka or are you missing the powder and vodka together?" I like the Fruit Punch mix with rum. The small packets are meant to be added to a pint of water, the little tubs are mixed with a half gallon of water. I think this mixture is way too sweet, I mix the small packets with just under a quart and the tubs with just under a gallon and top off with alcohol.

Try them for yourself and see if you like them full strength or watered down.

"Do you mix the crystal light with water, then add vodka or are you missing the powder and vodka together?" I like the Fruit Punch mix with rum. The small packets are meant to be added to a pint of water, the little tubs are mixed with a half gallon of water. I think this mixture is way too sweet, I mix the small packets with just under a quart and the tubs with just under a gallon and top off with alcohol.

Try them for yourself and see if you like them full strength or watered down.

Thanks! I buy the small packs to mix with my water bottles (16 oz) now but never thought about using them as a "mixer" for vodka or rum. That would certainly be easy to take with us. We could take water or just use the water they have there. I read somewhere that on some of the ships there's a sign not to use the water from their coolers to fill out up your water bottles. I assume this is for sanitary reason??? Someone stated, they filled up cups and then poured them into their water bottles. It would also be easy ( I assume) to buy more water in the ports as we have 4 ports of call.

Anyone else found easy mixers to take?

Archived