Thanks Veterans!

regnig

Thanks for all the nice words that you guys said about the Vets I.m a Viet Nam vet that served there for 2 in a half years as a combat Medic and I helped a lot of are guys to get back home all I can say is thank you again

98Charlie and I spent our day cooking and serving a cornbread & bean soup dinner at our Legion post for several hundred veterans. This marked DH's 21st year doing the dinner.

Both of our fathers served in WWII, DH during Vietnam era and our son is currently in Baghdad with 1st Cav out of Ft. Hood, Texas. I've slept in the house of a veteran all of my life and wouldn't have it any other way!

Dianne

(excerpted from William Brabant at http://buffalosjokes.com/ )

Let's honor all of our veterans that helped keep freedom alive & hope for a day when peace prevails & war is long forgotten.

Also a special thanks to the policeman, firefighters and civilians of the War on Terror that is being fought on our own soil.

The enemy is amongst us and everyone may be called upon to defend our way of life at any time.

That's a big DOUBLE welcome to ya! And I also give my thanks to the vets. My favorite WWII vet faced the enemy at the Battle of Iwo Jima, where many of his friends died. See you at Thanksgiving Dad!

On Veterans Day the nursing home where I work had a group of Boy Scouts come in and present hand-made US flags to our Veterans. We had several WWII and Korea Vets and a handful of Vietnam-era Vets. Watching these young men hand our Vets the flags, there was not a dry eye in the house. Our Vets seemed to sit straighter and their minds seemed clearer as they talked to one another about their days in the service.

I wasn't home to post to this that night, so I'm posting late to say thank you to the vets that I don't work with every day and to suggest that if you don't have anything to do on Veterans Day, a local nursing home is a wonderful place full of folks to thank for your freedom.

Wow! Thanks so much for the recognition. I served in Viet Nam, which makes me old! I read every post here and have to admit you brought some wetness to my eyes. It's nice to be recognized. And.....thank you to all the moms, dads, siblings and SPOUSES who endured the ups and downs and heartaches. And to those who lost a loved one. I feel blessed I came back.

Bill

Hi All,

On November 11th I started this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2397691&posted=1#post2397691 not realizing this one was also begun. Actually, I didn't know where to start the thread and was concerned it might be wisked away. So I have been so glad to read all your posts here.

Perhaps these, posters in my thread, posters are not Princess cruisers, but these observances are worth reading.

Special wishes to all our Veterans and prayers to all our troops. The USO is putting together care boxes for the troops at our senior center. They announced items they need and I will be shopping for them next week.

With Deep Gratitude,

Shannon

Archived