Thanks Veterans!

regnig

(excerpted from William Brabant at http://buffalosjokes.com/ )

Let's honor all of our veterans that helped keep freedom alive & hope for a day when peace prevails & war is long forgotten.

Also a special thanks to the policeman, firefighters and civilians of the War on Terror that is being fought on our own soil.

The enemy is amongst us and everyone may be called upon to defend our way of life at any time.

Just got back from my towns Veterans Service. It's nice that so many people turned out. As the mother of a veteran who served in a war zone last year, I can't tell you how much the support means to the soldiers and their families.

Thanks to all our Veterans, soldiers and other honorable professionals who put their life on the line to protect us!

From the other side of the border. I also just got home from one of our city's Remembrance Day services. Every year we see fewer and fewer of the older vets, it is so sad. The ones that are still with us are so proud as we are of them.

We are all so fortunate to live in a democracy and enjoy freedoms others can only dream of. What a great gift!!

The Padre at the service was an American visiting here. He received a wonderful welcome in the form of thunderous applause.

Hug a veteran today and every time you get a chance.

Let there be Peace on Earth and let it begin with me.

For all those who read the posts where I talked about my husband being deployed (Army Reserve) and on active duty and away from home for almost 2 years now....I received word in the last two weeks that he will be home for good Dec. 20, on leave for 5 weeks and demobilizing Jan. 25. Yeah!!! It wasn't soon enough for him to go on my upcoming trans-pacific cruise (but he insisted that I go, so he could travel vicariously through me), but he will be home for Christmas! Gee, a 30 night cruise and then my husband home. Does it get any better than that???? Yes, it does....we're going to cruise (somewhere, not sure where yet) in early January for a couple of weeks! He has been working 7 days a week, 15 hours a day for months now, and he certainly deserves the vacation (even if I don't).

From the other side of the border. I also just got home from one of our city's Remembrance Day services. Every year we see fewer and fewer of the older vets, it is so sad. The ones that are still with us are so proud as we are of them.

We are all so fortunate to live in a democracy and enjoy freedoms others can only dream of. What a great gift!!

The Padre at the service was an American visiting here. He received a wonderful welcome in the form of thunderous applause.

Hug a veteran today and every time you get a chance.

Let there be Peace on Earth and let it begin with me.

May I echo the sentiments of my fellow Canadians Julia and David. Thank you to all veterans on both sides of the border from the bottom of my heart...Like the line "Let there be Peace on Earth and let it begin with me."

Great news for you JMB410!

Emmy

I have a son who is a F15 Pilot in the AF and has a Purple Heart. He cannot imagine doing anything else with his life. I thank out Active Duty Soldiers and out Veterans everyday.

What great news JMB. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Barbara

for your service. I am proud to be an American, thanks to all of you. I remember sailing into Port Canaveral once and one of the shuttles was coming in. I can't explain the pride that I felt for our country. It takes a team, but some roles have risked more than others. Thank you for your sacrifice and endurance.

I want to echo everything that has been said above me. I thank God everyday that I live in a country where great men and women are willing to fight for those they don't even know. These are the true American Patriots and should be honored everyday. Veterans Day and Memorial Day are nice, but I hope there comes a point when every member of the armed services and those who came before them is thanked on a daily basis for their service. We give as much as we can to veterans' charities (after watching Band of Brothers, my wife almost bankrupted us!), but to me it is just as important to personally thank the young men and women in uniform we all see in the airports. Let them know you're thinking about them and appreciate what they're doing for our country. Every PFC, Lance Corporal, NCO and Officer is worthy of our thanks and we should extend it to them.

God Bless America and those who serve her!

A big Thank you to all veterans and allies.

I know that this will not happen in my lifetime......but I hope lessons learned will in the future bring world wide peace.

I've always say 99% of people in this world are good.....but that 1% who are evil seem to have such extraordinary power over so many........

Lets hope all veterans giving up their lives will not go in vain....PEACE.

Thanks to all my fellow service veterans, and to all the CC'ers who remember us here. Thanks Larsen, for going with this. For those of you presently serving, hang in there until your short.

May I live to see a time when the entire world is at peace.

Sgt. C Co. 3/32 Armor 3rd AD (Tank Crewman) 1971

Archived