Recharging My MP3 Player with USB Cable

Twickenham

My Creative Zen MP3 player is chargeable through a USB connection only. Is there any way of charging it onboard the Noordam? Can I use their computers without necessarily paying for an Internet package?

I recently bought an Energizer USB charger that came with a 110v brick (small in size - 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1") that came with a USB port for charging. I plugged the brick into the power bar I always bring that was plugged into the desk outlet. Then I plugged my USB cable into the brick and the GPS and the thing charged away. It will likely work with any USB Chargeable device.

GS

I recently bought an Energizer USB charger that came with a 110v brick (small in size - 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1") that came with a USB port for charging. I plugged the brick into the power bar I always bring that was plugged into the desk outlet. Then I plugged my USB cable into the brick and the GPS and the thing charged away. It will likely work with any USB Chargeable device.

GS

I also have one of these chargers and it has 2 (two) USB ports on the front and an AC plug on the back. They work well for my MP3 player and also my camera. Very small and compact and easy to carry. :)

I also have one of these chargers and it has 2 (two) USB ports on the front and an AC plug on the back. They work well for my MP3 player and also my camera. Very small and compact and easy to carry. :)

I did the same - got mine at Best Buy for around $30 I think, but you can probably get them anywhere they sell electronics. I just asked if there was some way to charge things that use USB ports and the associate took me right to the plug thing. It worked perfectly, and saved my husband from taking his laptop just so we could charge things with it.

My Creative Zen MP3 player is chargeable through a USB connection only. Is there any way of charging it onboard the Noordam? Can I use their computers without necessarily paying for an Internet package?
The computers in the internet center do not have connection ports for you to plug anything into. All you have is a keyboard and a monitor. The server, where the various USB ports would be located, is locked up under the internet manager's desk.

You can buy a device for your iPOD that allows you to recharge it via a standard plug. Check the Apple store online, or even your local Radio Shack might be able to set you up with what you need.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We have a Belkin mini surge protector. It has three outlets on top and two usb ports on the side. It can also swivel right, left, up and down.

We purchased it in a vending machine (it also sold Ipods) at the Las Vegas Airport. Have seen it at Bestbuy also for the same amount, under $30.

I recently bought a set through Amazon.com that had the wall-wart for AC outlets, and one for the power outlet (formerly known as cigarette lighter holes) in the car. I think my set (off brand) was around $15. Belkin has a nice set too, for around $30. Quick, small, and easy. Some say they charge quicker than a computer too.

Here's the Belkin one as an example: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Mount-Charger/dp/B0016IXEWG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230965774&sr=8-4

The two slots in the end are USB connectors. I highly recommend types where the USB cable detaches from the adapter. You can use the USB cable on its own to connect your device to a computer for data transfers...unlike the chargers where the cable is a permanent part of it. Also, there are different sizes of USB connectors- for example my cell phone and Bluetooth are different. But if I have the cables the same charger will work with either.

I also recommend getting one of these for charging in a vehicle: http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Auto-Power-Adapter-K33418US/dp/B000QJ56WW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230966052&sr=8-3

So an AC and a car charger along with the right cable(s) will let you charge anything anywhere, as well as transfer data.

Archived