How do you book hotel online???

Ivy1908

I've never booked online before.:o Do you have to use your card to pay upfront online or do you just "reserve" it and pay when you arrive?:confused: I want to book La Quinta in FLL. Thanks for any help!:D

Are you booking with the hotel's site or some other discount site? If on the hotel site, if it doesn't state nonrefundable, you give your cc info to hold the room and it will be charged on your arrival. Be sure to follow cancelation rules if needed or you will be charged.

You can also try using USARL promo code, for a discount. Others have used it, but probably by booking on line.

If you do a search as "La Quinta" you'll pull up a bunch of different threads and maybe even other info about the particular hotel and/or booking.

It depends, sometimes I see a charge in my credit card stmnt before I get to the hotel, sometimes I don't.

I just went to their website and here is the reservation # to call to ask what, if anything will be charged (866)725-1661

You should only see a charge upfront if you elected to pick a special internet rate which then often would require an upfront hotel payment. The terms and conditions are always there to read. If you saw it for just a "normal rate" booking, you should have called and had the charge removed. The cc info is to hold the room only. You'd want that if you were delayed for some reason. I'd advise you to be more dilligent about that.

Yes, its on the hotel site. It does state you can cancel up til a certain time that day. Just wasnt sure if they charged your card upfront or when u arrived at the door. Thanks for the info.

You should not be charged ahead of time unless it is a special pay in advance rate. Read all the terms and conditions of the reservation.

You can also try using USARL promo code, for a discount. Others have used it, but probably by booking on line.

If you do a search as "La Quinta" you'll pull up a bunch of different threads and maybe even other info about the particular hotel and/or booking.

The discount code is USAROL for LaQuinta and you can enter it right on the LQ website when making your reservation. I stayed at the LaQuinta FLL Airport location last month. My credit card wasn't billed until after my stay.

When you arrive at the LaQuinta make sure you sign up for the correct shuttle list to the pier. You'll want to ask what time the shuttle leaves. When I was there, we left at noon but another shuttle for a different cruise wasn't leaving until 2PM so those folks called a cab.

Have a wonderful cruise!

The discount code is USAROL for LaQuinta and you can enter it right on the LQ website when making your reservation. I stayed at the LaQuinta FLL Airport location last month. My credit card wasn't billed until after my stay.

When you arrive at the LaQuinta make sure you sign up for the correct shuttle list to the pier. You'll want to ask what time the shuttle leaves. When I was there, we left at noon but another shuttle for a different cruise wasn't leaving until 2PM so those folks called a cab.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I want to stay at the one on 26th next to the shopping plaza/restuarants as we will not have a car. I did enter this code and it gave a really nice discount but I have no idea what it is for:o. Did they ask you for "proof"? I'll be sure to sign up the the first shuttle or either catch a cab if they are available before noon. Thanks for the tips and info everybody!:D

I want to stay at the one on 26th next to the shopping plaza/restuarants as we will not have a car. I did enter this code and it gave a really nice discount but I have no idea what it is for:o. Did they ask you for "proof"? I'll be sure to sign up the the first shuttle or either catch a cab if they are available before noon. Thanks for the tips and info everybody!:D

26th Street is the one I stayed at, too. The code stands for USA Roller Tournament. I had a different code which has since expired, and I was not asked for proof at check in.

Happy New Year!

Archived