canopy tour

whenzuc

So- I've read Ray and Gwenn's rreview of the Canopy Tour. My question-my teenage and older kids are doing this through the ship tour. My husband is now considering going. So- How scary is it? I am mixed about going. Can you explain the rapelling please. Still unsure about going with the family or staying back on the ship.

How scary it is really depends on the person. If you don't like heights, you won't be thrilled with this. My 75 year old mother did it over Thanksgiving, but she was deathly afraid to step to the edge of the platform. She did about 5 zips before giving up. But it was on her "Bucket list", so she did it.

I didn't find it scary at all. My SIL was a bit scared, but enjoyed it.

The rappel was very easy- you are hooked to a pulley thing, and someone is holding the other end at the bottom. You step off the edge of the platform and go down- it is a very control decent (and only like 30 ft ).

The scariest part (think of it as thrilling) for most people is the stepping off the edge and/or trusting the equipment to hold you. But they really do a good job with safety checks. And a big shout out to the workers, they really seem to care- they helped my mom all the time, and even went tandem with her.

So- I've read Ray and Gwenn's rreview of the Canopy Tour. My question-my teenage and older kids are doing this through the ship tour. My husband is now considering going. So- How scary is it? I am mixed about going. Can you explain the rapelling please. Still unsure about going with the family or staying back on the ship.

DW really wanted to do this. I had my doubts, can't stand the thought of being higher than a 3 ft. ladder. Finally gave in and booked thru Princess. DW "kind of" enjoyed herself. Had some problems keeping herself going straight on the zip line. I wanted to do it again! Really enjoyed zipping thru the trees.

Just make sure you wear good shoes (closed toe). Had one lady go without shoes, she ended up scraping the skin off the top of her feet when she left one of the first platforms (ouch!).

Just make sure you wear good shoes (closed toe). Had one lady go without shoes, she ended up scraping the skin off the top of her feet when she left one of the first platforms (ouch!).

I agree. Wear closed-toe shoes (sneakers are fine) and you'll be fine. Shorts are OK ... as long as they're not "short-shorts" (to avoid chafing from the harness ... OUCH!).

Enjoy!

We haven't done La Marquesa zipline at night (yet!), but I think it would be a really cool thing to do in the dark! They have "indicator" lights on each of the platforms, so at least you'd see your point-to-point destinations.

I just checked with them and they provide one of those hands-free head lamps for each guest.

Archived