2nd Wedding Attire

JanetMarie

Well, I'm thinking floor length, not too formalish (I'm 51, he's 53), somewhat eye-catching when he see me, not a white dress, tho. I'm 5'9" and I think a longer dress would be flattering. We're getting married in two months, and I've been more excited about marrying my high school sweetheart that I forgot all about buying my dress! :eek: LOL

For some reason I am having trouble posting links for you. LOL, but I had fun looking!

Try doing a google search on "informal Wedding Gowns". I saw many I would pick for a second wedding. My second wedding we had about 100 guests, my husbands first marriage and I can appreciate how it becomes important to pick the right dress. The Nordstroms in the West Farms mall has an incredible very pale yellow gown with simple and graceful lines I just admired last week that might also interest you.

Also, JanetMarie, we live in the same state and I know of a wonderful seamstress that makes dresses and gowns at a reasonable cost, great work. If you see something you like that you want reproduced in a different color, length, whatever I would be glad to post you a link to her shop. She is in Hamden, dont know how far that is from you. I also use a Russian seamstress that alters all of my ballroom costumes and also makes one of a kind original formal gowns in Ledyard, but she is more costly. (Most if not all of her silks are imported from Italy.)

I would be interested to hear how you make out, and congrads on your upcoming marriage.

Happy and Smooth ~ Thanks gals for the great info! I'm a short drive from WestFarms, so I will seek the guidance of those reliable gals over there at the shops. Yes, Barrie Place has some lovely dresses, also.

I am really excited about my 2nd marriage (never ever thought it would happen to me) and it is of utmost importance that I have the "perfect" dress. I'm turning into a sentimental sap over this!!!

Thanks again! See you on the boards!

Archived