Josiah's Bay? Long Bay?

Havana Daydreamer

I am trying to find a quiet beach for us to chill on when off the ship. I've done quite a bit of research and hear little about Josiah's Bay or Long Bay. We need bathrooms, a little something to eat/drink, and prefer not to have to swim around docked boats. Does Josiah or Long Bay sound like a good fit? How about others? Are they accessible by taxi and how much?

Thank you so much!

I answered yourJosiah's guestion on the other thread. as far as Long Bay, it depends on which Long Bay you are speaking of. Long Bay west has two places to eat although one of them never seems to be on any schedule as to when it will be open. The bar/resturant for the resort is always available. The bottom is rocky so maybe not the best swimming. Long Bay east, also called Long Bay Beef Island, has no facilities of any kind but it is a beautiful beach.

Neither of these beaches or Josiah's will have boats anchored there.

Personally, I like Josiah's. It's a nice beach, never very crowded (at least never when I've been there) there is food and drink available. Not a lot of shade but there is some. Swimming can be iffy depending on the north shore swells.

I have not tried the newer, larger bar but I remember back when the smaller one was the only thing there and it was fine for our needs. A taxi can get you there very easily. All in all, I say sure, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived