How much are drinks?

How much are drinks on NCL? Say, Bahama Mama? Last time I cruised on RCL, drinks were $4-5 a piece. One post said something about $9-$15/drink. Does anyone know how much drinks run, and what NCL's policy is on smuggling your own booze?

Thanks!

If I recall, it is about $8 per mixed drink. The policy on smuggling? (smuggling: the clandestine transportation of goods or persons past a point where prohibited) would be prohibited by policy. :)

Your luggage is x-ray'ed and alcohol is held until the end of the cruise, of course, many people use ways to try and get around this. Search and read around for more information on that.

On the Gem this past April, First Wave drinks were $4.25 from 8AM-11 AM. NCL Daily Features in a souvenir glass were $7.95 each and the choices changed daily. Other drinks in the souvenir glasses were $8.95.

House wine - $5.25 Beer ranged from $3.95 to $6.50 for a can of Foster's.

I don't see Bahama Mama's on the menu, but they will have them.

I have the menus, but never scanned them in.

These are the bar menus from 2006, and the prices are almost the same. They do have Bahama Mamas listed on those menus and the Daily Feature souvenir drinks were $8.00 instead of $7.95.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2820270780051977359PNGWhz

On the smuggling- Sorry, I know the policy. Other than keeping the booze until the end of the cruise, is there anything else they can do?

Thank you angeljt for the info on drink prices. Wow, that is expensive! Fill up early, huh?

In the small print of your contract it says you could be denied boarding, but they never do that.

Thomas

On the smuggling- Sorry, I know the policy. Other than keeping the booze until the end of the cruise, is there anything else they can do?

Thank you angeljt for the info on drink prices. Wow, that is expensive! Fill up early, huh?

You're welcome.

You can get drinks like vodka or gin and tonic for around $5.50 each. Yes, fill up on those First Waves...;)

wow. "highway" robbery on the seas. There is NO REASON it should cost that much :mad: good thing I'm just drinkin' water. Lots cheaper :p Editing to say I guess some of them are cheaper (read the other posts)

If I recall, it is about $8 per mixed drink. The policy on smuggling? (smuggling: the clandestine transportation of goods or persons past a point where prohibited) would be prohibited by policy. :)

Your luggage is x-ray'ed and alcohol is held until the end of the cruise, of course, many people use ways to try and get around this. Search and read around for more information on that.

Archived