Final Details - Crown at Sea wedding 11:00am 1/20/09

CLC22

I just spoke with Alexandra and got my final details - well almost all of them. :D

Jan 20th on the Crown at 11:00am. The ship has confirmed Skywalkers at 12:30 for cake, toast, and first dance (had to pay an additional charge for sound technician.) I added an extra hour of photography so I should be covered there.

I had tried to book lunch at Sabatini's but was told they are not open for lunch. I read that the main dining room is open until 1:30 so we will try to head there after we are done with cake and toast. Who says you can't have dessert first. :p If we don't make it I guess we will be buffeting it. I am not going to stress about it. There are 11 of us. We will make do. At least I will try not to stress about it.

I am thinking everyone will do their own thing for the afternoon and I am planning on wearing my wedding dress again for the formal night that evening.

The only other stress item is the salon appointments. There are 6 of us wanting them and they start at 8:00. The last two appointments are at 10:00 which may be a tight Squeeze. Mine of course is at 8:00 am.;)

I am a bit frustrated not to have received the Webcam details yet. She is still waiting for a confirmation on the time from the ship before she gives them to me. I had purchased blank printable cards and am planning on sending psuedo announcements/invites to our family friends that includes the info for the webcam. So those are still on my to do list.

http://www.mypersonalartist.com/printableweddinginvitations/printableinvitationsfour.html

Some of my other details include:

~A two tiered cake with two different flavors and decorated with flowers (with monogram cake topper).

~Upgraded bridal bouquet with peach roses and white orchids (For some reason I am still getting the included bridal bouquet. They are not able/willing to apply the value to the price of the upgraded bouquet. Whatever!), 3 matching bridesmaid bouquets, 2 wrist corsages and 4 additional boutonnières.

~Complete photography package (how can you pass up the CD - I apparently can't)

~Dress Steaming

For gifts we did hanging toiletry bags (LL Bean) at Christmas, On Board Credits, and chocolate covered strawberries.

Other to do list items:

~Door signs

~Some sort of newsletter for the days events

~Call airiine to check on wedding dress carry on

I think that about covers it. Have I missed anything? Any suggestions?

You sign the webcam release onboard the ship (I remember it taking until the final call to find out this detail). The onboard coordinator will have the form when you meet with him/her on embarkation day. You sign the form and they will turn on the webcam for the ceremony (ours almost forgot to have us sign the form, but we reminded her that we planned to have it on and she got the form for us to sign).

Anyone can access the webcam from: http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/ (and then just select Crown Princess under the wedding cam option)

We sent an email to friends and family who weren't able to sail with the link to the webcam and a reminder of the date & time of the ceremony. Many did watch the wedding which was really cool (there's no sound and the images are updated about every minute--not full video---but it gave them a good sense of everything going on).

Don't worry too much about the hair appointments. Have those with the 10 am appointments arrive at the salon early so, if the stylists finish quickly with some they are there and ready to go. Our wedding was at 11 and my appointment was at 8:30 (along with bridesmaids). My mom and MOG were at 9:30 or 9:45 and it worked out fine (just have those with the later appointments have their makeup done when they go for their hair appointments).

One suggestion for the pictures is to have a list of your "must have" shots and give a copy to the onboard coordinator and to the photographer. The CD is definitely worth it!

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!!

Hi CLC22!

Sounds like you can almost put your feet up and wait for your big day!

You can always ask your TA to reserve a section in the main dinning room for your group at lunch. I'm sure there's no biggy if you don't make it either!

Everything will be just perfect as you seem to have covered all your bases!

My daughter gets married on the Crown on Feb. 3rd. Same time as you :) She was disappointed when she heard that the specialty restaurants were not available, especially after being told on three different occasions prior to final payment, that there would be no problem.

If you're back the week after your cruise, I'd really like to hear about your experience and how your onboard wedding coordinator was.

Congratulations in advance!

Danielle

Make sure to request Cila for your photographer either with TWE or as soon as you get aboard the ship. She did my wedding on the Crown in November and she was fantastic! Make sure they actually upgrade your bouquet and don't give you two separate ones. I ended up not really caring, but it still irritated me.

When you get onboard, request with your wedding coordinator to meet with everyone who is providing services for your wedding at the same time you meet with the coordinator (sound tech or musicians for ceremony, DJ for reception, florist, etc) to make sure ALL of the details for your wedding day are correct. Getting this done all at once will save you a lot of worry and being asked so many questions on the day itself so you can just enjoy the day.

Have a wonderful, relaxing, and fun wedding cruise! Congratulations!

Archived