AOS Dinners

joy1rn

1st, the "lobster night" is now, a Fisherman's Platter---not just lobster anymore. You get a minute tail and a couple shrimp--no little dish of drawn butter to dip, either. They usually have Prime Rib on the menu, as well.

You'll have a Caribbean Night, Western (or Country) night, Italian night.....it's a "menu" thing!

We are leaving Sunday on the AOS. Can anyone tell me what night they serve Lobster if at all and also what nights the other theme nights are-Captain's Night, etc?

I believe lobster night is on Friday. I do remember that it is not on formal nights which are Monday and Thursday. I know that Wednesday night is the most unpopular menu night in the dining room with the "get out there" menu. Have a great cruise!!!! :)

I believe lobster night is on Friday. I do remember that it is not on formal nights which are Monday and Thursday. I know that Wednesday night is the most unpopular menu night in the dining room with the "get out there" menu. Have a great cruise!!!! :)

Robin is correct. We recently returned from the AOS and the formal nights were Monday & Thursday. The Fisherman's Platter was served on Friday.

I would say go for reservations on Wednesday, or maybe Tuesday. We did Tuesday as Wednesday was NYE and they made that a formal night for us instead. Tuesday is italian night, which is pretty good, but our tablemates told us we didn't miss out on a lot. Monday, Thursday and Friday nights are more popular for the main dining room.

PS- Portofino was amazing! :)

Portofino was not amazing on our cruise which just ended 9 days ago. We usually eat there at least once on every cruise. This time we were extremely disappointed.

Although the wait staff was very good, the food was nowhere near what it used to be. I usually order the Seafood Skewer as an entree'. Everything was dry and tasteless. As a matter of fact, the lobster tails on the Fisherman's Platter in the dining room were far superior. The mushroom pasta was just OK. The steak was sent back twice for beeing way too overdone (it looked like cardboard). The only really good thing was the olive spread for the yummy breads. They brought me extras of that

Thanks so much for your quick responses.

Oh Nan, I hope they just had an off night. I have never been to Portofino on my previous cruises and was really looking forward to it. Okay Phill369, I think we will keep our fingers crossed and just go for Wednesday night. We can always fill up with desserts and appetizers.

Anyone heard any comments on the Portofino wine dinner series? I have seen a few good and bad comments but never really much discussion. Maybe because it is new. We started out being excited about it but decided against it when we couldn't find many comments.

We leave on AOS February 1 so I am really getting anxious.

Thanks so much for your quick responses.

Oh Nan, I hope they just had an off night. I have never been to Portofino on my previous cruises and was really looking forward to it. Okay Phill369, I think we will keep our fingers crossed and just go for Wednesday night. We can always fill up with desserts and appetizers.

Anyone heard any comments on the Portofino wine dinner series? I have seen a few good and bad comments but never really much discussion. Maybe because it is new. We started out being excited about it but decided against it when we couldn't find many comments.

We leave on AOS February 1 so I am really getting anxious.

I would say look at the menus and see which are your least favorite and pick that night for Portofino's, that's what I did. Almost 3 weeks away!!! :D

Hi LTyler. Can you believe it! Only 25 more days and we will be cruising the ocean blue.

You know, I must be doing something wrong. I tried to search for AOS menus and came up empty handed or the menu was so old I did not know if it was still used. I am sure it was totally operator error. I started out only looking at others posts and now I am at least posting! One of these days I might even start a thread! LOL Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion! I will try the search again. See you soon.

Hi LTyler. Can you believe it! Only 25 more days and we will be cruising the ocean blue.

You know, I must be doing something wrong. I tried to search for AOS menus and came up empty handed or the menu was so old I did not know if it was still used. I am sure it was totally operator error. I started out only looking at others posts and now I am at least posting! One of these days I might even start a thread! LOL Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion! I will try the search again. See you soon.

Hi: here is the menus :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=842132

Okay, now I am not just anxious for the warm weather I am also hungry! Thanks, Lisa, for sending that link. I searched again and STILL came up empty. So much for my computer skills.

Nanfromatlanta -- I enjoyed your review so much. What a shame about the decorations. I would have been bummed, too.

Archived