Will Celebrity return to Australia?

kk99

Hi everyone,

Celebrity cancelled their Australia/New Zealand sailings for the fall of 2009 and 2010(of which we had already booked and paid for the cruise) Does anyone have any insight if they will return to the area in 2011 or 2012?

I'd love to go back to the area, preferably with Celebrity.

Thanks in advance if you have heard something.

kk

Hi everyone,

Celebrity cancelled their Australia/New Zealand sailings for the fall of 2009 and 2010(of which we had already booked and paid for the cruise) Does anyone have any insight if they will return to the area in 2011 or 2012?

I'd love to go back to the area, preferably with Celebrity.

Thanks in advance if you have heard something.

kk

Hi KK99 !

While I know of nothing official, I believe that Celebrity will return, but it may not happen for a few years. Much of it will depend on when the economy recovers.

I'm not surprised as I saw they were offering Sky Suites for $2,099/pp for that cruise next month! I would love to take advantage but I am already heading to South America! That's a phenomenal reduction from the normal, $5,999/pp price!

Cathy

Hi--thanks Cathy cruiser for posting the link for the latest Tuesday sale. the prices are so low that the Jan 4 NZ/OZ sail was down to $549 for a gty inside.I will book when the March 15 sail drops even lower. The economy and the relatively high airfare makes the brochure price high--

I'm not surprised as I saw they were offering Sky Suites for $2,099/pp for that cruise next month! I would love to take advantage but I am already heading to South America! That's a phenomenal reduction from the normal, $5,999/pp price!

Cathy

On our 1/18 NZ.Oz cruise people who had CC cabins and FV cabins (and own air..only ones who could take advantage of it) upgraded to those $2599 SS and got refunds of 250$. As long as Rccl is there I doubt X will return, none of their ships were near full until drastic price reductions! It is overkill for RCCL to have 2 of their lines there. (Like Macy's having 2 stores in same mall!)

Archived