Antours-River Tubing/Emerald Pool-Bus???

Sailor Gal

6 of us are interested in the river tubing and emerald pool combination for $47. From what I gather on their website they pick us up at the pier at 9:00 in a coach bus. Is this correct? We don't care much for big group tours, so I wanted to verify this. Would this be a coach bus with 25 or more people? Can someone please describe this particular tour. Also the weight limit is 260. Could we get away with 270 or would the rocks be an issue? How rough is the water and rapids? Thanks!

I did this tour last February. We were in a small van (8-10?), but we were only six people. It was the perfect size for Dominica. I would not have wanted to be on a larger tour bus.

My picture was taken by Antours of me in the tube. When I was there, the river was low and the rapids were more intense. We had one person who was on the heavier side and they sent a river guide with her the entire time. The tubes are not enormous, so if you are heavier you don't fit down in them and are perched on top. This makes you more tippy, particularly where there are rapids. They don't have a scale there to weigh you - I think you have to use your own best judgment or be prepared for them to refuse you.

Don't take a lot of valuables with you, but do take water shoes of some sort. The guide will lock everything up in the van including your camera. They took pictures of everyone and sent them to us about a month later via email.

Sailor Gal, You might want to look at this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894429

as we and many others who were on this excursion posted on it.

We had a van with only 3 couples. It was a fantastic trip. Do swim at the Emerald Pool, too. It is worth it and yes, be sure to take water shoes. Enjoy the peanut rum drink after the tubing.

If the water conditions are not safe Antours will not do the river part... disappointing for tourists but they are very keen to ensure there are no mishaps.

We loved it! I am jealous as would like to go back to Dominca and do it again. Very soon since it is snowing again at home and has been -20 to -35 for 3 weeks. Yech.

Archived