Help! Getting from Panama City to Colon

aggiejeff

Anyone who has been on the enchantment out of Colon, Panama - How did you get from Panama City to Colon? I'm leaving soon and was counting on us the Royal Caribbean transfers. Well they (RC) tells me today that they are not doing transfers due to lack of interest?

Anyone who has been on the enchantment out of Colon, Panama - How did you get from Panama City to Colon? I'm leaving soon and was counting on us the Royal Caribbean transfers. Well they (RC) tells me today that they are not doing transfers due to lack of interest?

That is sad. I expected a lot of folks were using them. Perhaps its more locals on that ship. Wonder how long the sailings from Colon will continue...they continue to have some of the best 7 night bargains.

I googled and found a tour operator a while back but the computer all that info is on died more or less a while back...so I can't pull and share the exact info. Best of luck though!

I just got back from this trip (will post some overall thoughts at some point today)

We booked the Sol Melia Hotel our first night in. We arrived at 8 pm and the hotel provided us a transfer for US$75 (for two ppl). Our driver was a total maniac, but when talking to others apparently that is just how they drive there. Hold on for dear life, and maybe learn how to say "slow down" in spanish before you go.

Mario and Friends were terrific! We booked them at the end of our trip. They picked us up on Jan 25 and took us for a city tour (US$130 for two ppl) -- well worth it. Mario took care of our hotel reservation at the Country Inn and Suites and because of a slight mix up we ended up with a better room (over looking the canal -- worth the extra couple of bucks). Mario picked us up the next morning at 5 AM and took us to the airport (cost of US$30 for two ppl)

Archived