oasis july 2010

air man

starting to prepare for booking oasis in july 2010. any ideas as to booking with rcl directly or with an agent would be appreciated. actually, any input on this cruise would be helpful thanks:cool:

Have fun planning. I just put down deposits for my family along with two of my dd's friends for her Sweet 16 for August 7, 2010.

A lot will depend on what kind of cabin(s) you are looking for.

I HAD to get an inside tripple DIRECTLY across from me since the three girls are going to be in an inside. I HATE being forward of the ship and ALWAYS book mid to aft but this time, on this cruise ship, I have to book Forward which really, REALLY stinks for me.

There isn't anywhere on the ship I can get just a plain inside tripple room directly across from a double Ocean View Balcony. It took hours to plan and decide with many phone calls to RCCL and my TA.

So, you first need to know what exactly you want and work from there.

I use a TA that I use for every cruise I (and my extended family use).

She is able to give me $150 onboard credit for my balcony and $100 for my inside, which in total is $250 so for me it is worth to book with her and my extended family also books with her.

So I guess my answers would be:

First decide if you want Western or Eastern and from there pick your date of sailing.

Second, decide what cabin you want

Third, locate what decks that cabin type is on and determine what decks you do not want to be on.

Fourth, Find the decks you want to be on and then find your class of cabin and the best choice of location, for you.

Fifth, you can do some research and see what online agencies (the online agencies usually also have phone number for you to call and speak to a live person) can give you credits, etc.

If you have any questions while trying to decide, you can always call RCCL and ask.

Happy planning.

starting to prepare for booking oasis in july 2010. any ideas as to booking with rcl directly or with an agent would be appreciated. actually, any input on this cruise would be helpful thanks:cool:

Book with RCI, initially....

then, research and find yourself a good agent.

You can then transfer your booking from RCI to your agent.

Hmmmmm, I have credits from my company that have to be spent directly with the cruise lines. I wonder if after I have booked and paid for the deposits if I can switch to my TA and get his OBC...btw i looked at Oasis for July eastern carib and the 1799 pp price for a balcony was crazy...I booked in Sept (I know hurricanes) and got it for half the price. Really looking forward to that trip

I booked with RCI direct. Then before final payment, I will transfer to my TA to get the OBC. I like having control over my res until the last minute. That way if I have questions, changes, etc I can talk to Royal direct. Works best for me that way. Found a TA that uses my CC and pays Royal direct so I get the double points, and she does honor any price drops whether before or after final payment. So far has worked good this way.

We booked a room as close to the middle as possible. Wanted a "hump" balcony, but on this ship those are all JS or above so we booked the first D8 cabin past the hump that we could. I like the middle close to everything.

Archived