Majesty Cruise Director Ered fired (?)

Lyman713

Just back from the Majesty and thought I would post a comment that Ered Matthews, the cruise director on the Majesty from at least last May (the last time on the Majesty) walked off the ship this past Saturday, not to return...

At the first variety show, he announced that he was leaving the Majesty and moving to another ship within NCL after another 2-3 weeks. I had heard this on CC and wasn't surprised. Apparently, he got news mid-cruise that he would be replaced at the end of the current cruise and would not be joining another NCL ship. Of course, he never spoke directly to this point and he was professional down to his last day. With the January 17th sailing, Denny Anderson will be the cruise director.

Some of the other staff was just as shocked about the news and no one really knew any details - or at least was going to share them!

After two great cruises with Ered as the CD, I wish him all the best!

Just back from the Majesty and thought I would post a comment that Ered Matthews, the cruise director on the Majesty from at least last May (the last time on the Majesty) walked off the ship this past Saturday, not to return...

At the first variety show, he announced that he was leaving the Majesty and moving to another ship within NCL after another 2-3 weeks. I had heard this on CC and wasn't surprised. Apparently, he got news mid-cruise that he would be replaced at the end of the current cruise and would not be joining another NCL ship. Of course, he never spoke directly to this point and he was professional down to his last day. With the January 17th sailing, Denny Anderson will be the cruise director.

Some of the other staff was just as shocked about the news and no one really knew any details - or at least was going to share them!

After two great cruises with Ered as the CD, I wish him all the best!

Sorry to hear about Ered but Denny Anderson was our CD on the last sailing of the Dream and he was absolutely wonderful!!!

Dave

I've heard that Denny's been around for a great number of years (about 20?) with NCL and that he's a great CD as well. He was on the last sailings of the Dream... I guess with the retirement of ships, a cut in the number of CD's was inevitable.

Happy sails!

With all due respect Lyman...'left the ship,' position 'cut,' nobody knows...do you think the title of your thread fired(?) may not be the best word in this public forum describing his departure?

coka

With all due respect Lyman...'left the ship,' position 'cut,' nobody knows...do you think the title of your thread fired(?) may not be the best word in this public forum describing his departure?

coka

I was thinking something similar. It is good to get information, that is what these boards are about, but unless we are sure of our facts it is best to be a bit careful. Often what we hear and what is fact are totally different.

Nita

I was thinking something similar. It is good to get information, that is what these boards are about, but unless we are sure of our facts it is best to be a bit careful. Often what we hear and what is fact are totally different.

Nita

I agree with both you and coka. I should clarify and state that the rumor going around the ship was that he was fired. That is the reason why I ended the thread title with a " (?) ". It was fairly clear something changed during the cruise and there was clearly some tension amongst the staff.

All that aside, it was an enjoyable vacation (what cruise vacation isn't??) and we're already counting the days until the next!!

Archived