Question about 3 adults to 1 room...

careywv

Good luck getting your booking transferred! You have been getting bad luck when it comes to PVP's - as I'm sure you're read here, there are cruisers that absolutely swear by their PVP's so they can't all be so bad.

Are you within your penalty phase? Maybe your TA can just book a new cruise for you and you can just cancel your existing cruise? Not sure if that would cost more, but if it doesn't it might be an option. I think you will feel better when you have someone "in the know" who can work out all these kinks for you...

Whatever happens, I hope you enjoy your cruise to the fullest!

My final payment isn't due until mid-March. However the price of the cruise has gone up about $250 pp for the inside room category...which is more than I am willing to pay at this point.

I think I've learned my lesson and will always use my TA. She said that I shouldn't be worrying about all of this stuff - that is what she is for. I guess I got sucked in by the sales pitch of this PVP and his "great deals", so I booked right away with him.

This is just leaving me with a horrible impression of not only this PVP, but the supervisor I spoke with yesterday, and now with the mix-up when my TA called. So far, I am not impressed with Carnival. Let's hope the actual cruise makes up for it.

Hi Careywv,

I found a photo of the category cabin your in...

2517060230095049190MEGfGH_th.jpg

I think you'll be happy with it - its a decent step up from an inside cabin with floor to ceiling french doors (they don't open anymore as far as I know)

Your PVP and the supervisors stink in this matter, if you have the energy to put into it, call again in a few days (don't go to your PVP's extension, just get anyone) and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them your story and how you haven't been happy with the way you've been treated and that you have a bad taste when it comes to booking through Carnival... A good supervisor should try to do something nice for you... Its worth a shot if you feel up to it.... Although after the way you've been treated, I more than understand you wanting to be done with talking to Carnival!

My little wish for you is that the crew on your ship turns out to be so magnificent, that it completely wipes away any negative feelings you have getting on the cruise ;-)

Happy Cruising!!!

My TA finally got everything switched over this afternoon. She said she couldn't believe all the hassle I've been through when booking this cruise - that is why you use TA's and PVP's to take the hassle away from yourself.

Let's just hope this is one magical cruise to take away from this horrible service experience. I'm sure once we get on the ship this whole mess will be forgotten.

Thank you for the picture. It won't load here on my work pc, so I will try and load it once I get home. I am glad I'm dealing with this whole experience, so my M-I-L can have a wonderful time and not be bothered with these issues.

No offense to your TA, but all he/she is doing by taking over the reservation is collecting a commission on a reservation that has already been created but without doing the work.

The PVP that you dealt with is out of the picture, but he/she already collected his/her bonus. They still get credit for the booking, even if it's eventually transferred to a TA.

So sorry to hear that you dealt with a less than stellar PVP/supervisor. I wish that you could've had one like mine who has been excellent for the last 4 years I've been dealing with her.

Finally, the PVP should've told you from the beginning that the Spirit class (The Pride) doesn't have rollaways, period. Also, they should've told you that inside cabins have an upper bed for triple occupancy.

You are lucky that you were assigned the cabin with the french doors without having to pay extra. That's the lowest category with a sofa bed.

Archived