Question about 3 adults to 1 room...

careywv

I want to thank everyone for their help with my thread about traveling with a minor. However, my M-I-L's best friend and her daughter backed out on our travel plans last Thursday. :mad:

Frantically on Thursday evening, I was trying to get a single room for my M-I-L, but it was at 200% of the cruise rate. I couldn't make her pay double for her friend being lame, so my DH and I said we would just get a triple. We are booked for an inside guarantee.

Well, my PVP was great in switching everything over. However, when I asked him for a rollaway instead of using the bunks, he seemed confused about my request. He said he would note it in my account, and get back to me after speaking with his supervisor. I emailed him on Friday to check the status, and I still have not heard a response back.

We are plus sized cruisers (all 3 of us), should I be concerned if we can not get a rollaway? I can only hope that we get upgraded to a room with a sleeper sofa (or trundle bed - still confused if this exists) so I don't have to worry with a rollaway. :confused:

Frantically on Thursday evening, I was trying to get a single room for my M-I-L, but it was at 200% of the cruise rate.

The 1A cabins for a solo cruiser are 150%, not 200%. Were there NO 1As available?

We are plus sized cruisers (all 3 of us), should I be concerned if we can not get a rollaway?

I would be concerned. The cabin is small, and I wouldn't do a triple. Bunks are difficult enough for most, so oversized folks, I just don't know. Why don't you get in touch w/the PVP again and ask about the 1A for your MIL.

Good luck.:)

There were no 1As available...he checked last week.

If all else fails, I guess I could pull the mattress out and sleep on the floor.

This isn't the most desirable situation for my DH and myself, since we like our alone time. We don't have kids, so we aren't used to sharing our space with others. LOL However, my M-I-L has never been outside of WV, so this is a huge thing for her and we really want her to be able to go with us.

Pride was our first ship, and it is GREAT! We had inside cabins on the Pride. Unless there are inside cabins that are a lot different than the one we had, 3 adults would be a very tight squeeze. I don't even know where you would fit a roll-away in there. Just not very much floor space at all.

There are cabins that have a pull-down bunk bed type thing that folds out from the wall. That might be difficult to climb up into for your MIL.

The OV cabins with the sofa sleepers would be fine for 3 of you. Have you considered upgrading from IS guarantee to OV guarantee? That way, you would probably get the sofa-sleeper and be much more comfortable.

Best of luck to you, and I hope it all works out. Enjoy the Pride! :)

I don't think that the Spirit Class (which includes the Pride) allows roll-aways. Are you in an inside or OV cabin? OV and balcony categories have quite a few rooms with the convertible single sofa. The only interior category that has the convertible sofa is 4F (I think these used to be 5A-obstructed views but have been newly recategorized to 4F-interior)

Good Luck!

We just got off the Spirit - had the same problem as you when someone in our group canceled. We ended up with our 25 year old son in our room with us on the convertible single sofa and it worked out great. Still plenty of room in the cabin and plenty of storage space for 3 people. We were in a balcany room. I would ask for any room that has the convertible sofa.

What ship are you going on??? We had three with no problem on Conquest.... In an OV....The couch made into a very comfortable bed. Can you upgrade to an OV?

I'm glad you posted this because we are going on Conquest in Nov. & have 3 in our cabin.

My PVP finally emailed me back, and of course he didn't listen to any of the concerns I posed in my phone call with him last week regarding the rollaway. I'm currently speaking to a supervisor to find out what can be done. *fingers crossed that something can be done*

That's great! The 4F used to be 5A's so as far as I know, you'll have windows (maybe even french doors, but they won't open), they'll just have an obstructed view... You won't see much, but at least you will be able to tell if its night or day!

Enjoy your cruise!!

The supervisor told me that it had an obstructed view. I'm just glad that someone finally responded to me - however she wasn't very friendly either.

I've called my TA this morning to see if we can pull the booking from my PVP and give it to her. I hope we can.

I just went through the same problem with our booking.

No one wanted to climb up to an upper birth and a rollaway wouldn't fit into our room configuration.

After a few phone calls, I finally upgraded to an extended balcony for $300. That's 60 sq feet more and it has two beds and a fold out couch.

Carnival will be very accommodating if you keep asking.

See, mine is a different story. When I added my M-I-L to our cabin, I told the PVP that it was necessary to have a rollaway instead of the upper berth - due to weight restrictions. He told me it shouldn't be a problem, and he would check with a supervisor. He never got back to me until yesterday, and stated that Spirit class ships do not have rollaways - but never offered to help in any other way.

When I spoke to a supervisor yesterday, she was really snippy and said that I never stated a "weight issue". I'm a plus size cruise passenger, and I know the weight limitations on the upper berth...there is absolutely NO WAY I would not mention it being an issue. I'm too OCD as it is, so I like to cover all my bases when planning a vacation.

The supervisor said fine...we are assigning you to a category 4F which has a sleeper sofa. I wouldn't have been so upset if I neglected to mention this to my PVP, however I did mention it SEVERAL times.

Oh well, my TA is calling and hopefully it can be switched to her. She said I shouldn't be worrying over such little things that is what she is for. That's more than this PVP has done for me.

carey, so happy this worked out for you. That will be a perfect cabin for you 3. The sofa sleepers really are quite comfy, at least according to my son, who slept in one on one of our cruises.

Hope you can get the booking transferred to your TA, but if not.....at least you got the cabin you wanted. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I was assigned to a category 4F with a sofabed. Thank goodness!

4233? Why is that cabin all by itself way in the back? Its the only inside cabin on the whole deck. You need to find out whats around you.

My TA is having a difficult time getting the booking transferred this morning. I booked directly through a PVP that has been emailing me since 2007. She called to transfer the booking this morning and Carnival told her I booked through a company called National Leisure. I've never even heard of this company.

Oy! This is just giving me a bad impression of Carnival.

Archived