Earliest Return Flight - POA

Lakey Family

I'm on the 11/21-11/28 POA. We booked airfare through NCL without giving any preference (costs more) and they put us on the 10pm flight out of Honolulu on 11/28 getting into LAX at 5am on 11/29 - we were not expecting a red eye...but since we paid VERY little too book the airfare thru NCL we're not complaining....we don't get there until 3:30pm on 11/21 so we're viewing it as a chance to see some of Honolulu on 11/28.

I'm on the 11/21-11/28 POA. We booked airfare through NCL without giving any preference (costs more) and they put us on the 10pm flight out of Honolulu on 11/28 getting into LAX at 5am on 11/29 - we were not expecting a red eye...but since we paid VERY little too book the airfare thru NCL we're not complaining....we don't get there until 3:30pm on 11/21 so we're viewing it as a chance to see some of Honolulu on 11/28.

Just curious, when did you receive your cruise docs? Also, you're taking this in great stride. I'd be quite upset that NCL booked a red eye for the return flight. While I might expect it for the flight there, a red eye back (12-14 hours after disembarkation) is ridiculous.

We received the docs on Nov 1 for our Nov 21 departure.

And honestly...we're not upset about the red eye...it was unexpected...but we wanted to do some shopping and exploring in Honolulu so we're making the best of our time there. it's vacation...we don't want to be stressing about stuff we can't change.

We knew when booking that we really didn't have any say in the times....and that we would have had to pay more to book our times....and like I said...the NCL airfare was fantastic....flight prices have only increased since we started looking before we decided to use NCL's price. I know a lot of the time we can get low fairs to Hawaii from the West Coast...but none of those low fares were showing up for when we needed to travel.

I would prefer the redeye flight to what we were booked in. We leave a 2 pm and get into LAX just in time to not be able to book a connection home. If we were on the redeye, we would have more time on Oahu and would arrive in LAX in plenty of time to book the same connecting flight. Much rather have 8 hours in Oahu than pay for 8 hours at an LAX hotel. I will not likely allow anyone to book my flight for me again.

Tom

I would prefer the redeye flight to what we were booked in. We leave a 2 pm and get into LAX just in time to not be able to book a connection home. If we were on the redeye, we would have more time on Oahu and would arrive in LAX in plenty of time to book the same connecting flight. Much rather have 8 hours in Oahu than pay for 8 hours at an LAX hotel. I will not likely allow anyone to book my flight for me again.

Tom

I can understand that, Tom. Does that mean NCL came through and actually booked your flights early as promised?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. NCL booked my flight on Wednesday. With my TA pushing them a little.

Finally got our flights from NCL today. Not the best, but it's cruise air. Unfortunately, United seems to fly only at night, so we leave at 10P and don't arrive home in San Diego until 7A the next day. Going isn't too bad, but we have to route through San Francisco on the way, and that flight only has a 50% on time rating.

Archived