Rhapsody of the Seas Journal 22/11/08

robynwally

Hi Everyone,

My son has just finished writing up in legible writing and adding photos to his journal from our cruise.

If any of you are interested in reading it I have included the link below.

Please note that this is written by a Gen Y'er and there may be a couple of comments that may "annoy" some of the older crowd.:mad:

Also please note my husband is not an alcoholic , well maybe just on the cruise.:)

Please enjoy the reading.....

http://www.box.net/shared/6l6qkxc0r4

Hi Everyone,

My son has just finished writing up in legible writing and adding photos to his journal from our cruise.

Please note that this is written by a Gen Y'er and there may be a couple of comments that may "annoy" some of the older crowd.:mad:

Also please note my husband is not an alcoholic , well maybe just on the cruise.:)

I am only up to day 4 of this fantastic review but I had to stop to make a cup of tea and keep going. As the mother of 2 teenage girls I really appreciate the effort Gary has made here. Also my husband and yours could be related by the sound of him ! I was actually laughing out loud at a couple of the observations he has made. Fantastic work, now back to finish it

Jo

Hi Jo,

Glad you are enjoying it. It is rather addictive.

It is nice to read it from someone elses point of view too.

I have noticed a few typos and he will be fixing them up.But I will let him know that you are enjoying the reading

Regards,

Robyn

FANTASTIC!

Loved It! This was by far the best 'review' I have read in a long time - fresh and funny!!

Thank you so much for letting us share your trip!!! What a great read!

Dea:)

A job well done!! Worth every hour spent writing. The late nights writing were not wasted. I am sure everyone who reads it will enjoy.

This is the most entertaining 'review' I have ever read. The continuing saga of Free Willy and Dad was great!! Culminating in my family now firmly believing I am a complete nutter, staring into the computer laughing my head off.

He has done very well. (Mum and Dad are to be congratulated as well)

Steve

OMG I loved that review. I just read every page of it laughing out loud and having to read parts to my family because it was too good not to share! I loved the Adam Hills line about Surreal - we only recently watched that special on TV - excellent In-joke! Keep up the good work Gary -how is Dad coping without getting his (not sure I'm allowed to say the names) Cocktails every night from Willie? :D

Hi Everyone,

Really well done and a "page turner" read for sure. His attention to (and memory for) detail is remarkable as is his ability to turn a phrase to full effect.

I loved, for example, his description of the older gent's reactions at the Quest game when the item called for was a set of false teeth. His description made the visualization of the incident very easy...and very funny.

And his analogy about dancing in front of his dad referring to a primary school experience really struck home for me. His suggestion about his perhaps seeing a psychologist also struck a note.

Thank you so much for sharing the journal with us and please, take more cruises with him so we can enjoy his future work product.

Just loved it. I have been reading for ages and only up to the Quest.

What great talented kids you have. Give him my thanks

quest is a fun event not to be missed.

Our Quest item for a bra was slightly different, in that only one lot of points were given out and that was for the largest bra.

Man that thing was huge.

It seems like your family was one group while on our cruise each section was split into groups with a male and female runner. There were about 20 groups which made for great entertainment when they had to show the CD.

Everyone was playing. Our quest items were similar except for money he asked for a picture of a president.

Do not miss this event if sailing on a RCL cruise

What a fantastic review, it had me in stitches! It's in the typical Aussie tradition to take the p*** out of everyone and even yourself, but I think perhaps Dad copped it the most....lol (he probably deserved it:p)

You sound like a great family and must have had the time of your lives. All those hours spent writing in the middle of the night were worth it but I don't think I could have given up breakfast:D Maybe you'll need to book another cruise just to experience the delicious brekkies! Well done.

Ella

It's just taken me over an hour to read the review and I havent laughed that hard in ages!! I actually had tears pouring down my face and am keeping the rest of the family awake.

I can so relate a lot of your son's experiences of people when we went on our Pacific Sun cruise. Hilarious!!! :D

Thanks for the laugh Liz

• 7 months later...

So so funny. We took the first leg of the circumnavigation of South America on the Mariner of the Seas in January. My mother and 17 yr old daughter did the full 46 days and your son has it down pat. My mother's one of those people who find amazing bursts of speed and my daughter was constantly trying to avoid talking to any boys in front of us.

Hi Oxymoron,

Feel free to use the link for others.

Gary sees how many people have downloaded it so it is a buzz for him...

Regards,

Robyn

PS Here is the link to his other journal. Worth a read if you want to know about/remember 18 - 35's tours around Europe or if you have ever been to China

http://www.box.net/shared/rtsjfyx6o8

Archived