How horrible...

careywv

After having several issues with my PVP and very rude and condescending supervisor, I had my TA pull my booking over to her on Friday.

Before I had her pull the booking, I sent an email to Guest Relations explaining my issues. Well, I called in today to speak to someone at Guest Relations to follow-up, and they told me that they only deal with POST cruise issues. :eek:

How is Carnival to know about their horrible customer service if you can only send in a complaint POST cruise? What happens if you have an issue PRE cruise? You just have to wait until your cruise is complete and then let them know...

What a way to start off on the wrong foot, Carnival!

A PVP and their supervisor is who I am complaining about...

The PVP gave me completely wrong information about our cabin, and the supervisor was rude and kept me on hold for 3/4 of our conversation time. Not only that, she made me feel horrible because I am a "fluffy AKA plus sized" cruise passenger.

Plus sized people like to cruise too... ;)

After having several issues with my PVP and very rude and condescending supervisor, I had my TA pull my booking over to her on Friday.

Before I had her pull the booking, I sent an email to Guest Relations explaining my issues. Well, I called in today to speak to someone at Guest Relations to follow-up, and they told me that they only deal with POST cruise issues. :eek:

How is Carnival to know about their horrible customer service if you can only send in a complaint POST cruise? What happens if you have an issue PRE cruise? You just have to wait until your cruise is complete and then let them know...

I have had similar experiences with Carnival's CS and am now wondering if there is a developing pattern here?

Life is too short... Just get a good travel agent and move along.

Trust me i work in a Call Center and no matter how high you take it will be a he said/she said issue and the company will ALWAYS side with the employee.

Even if the employee gave the wrong information? and this whole situation is their fault?

Huh...weird :confused: You would think Carnival would want to be alerted to the issue, so they can correct it for the future.

Well, not knowing the issues, I can't relate to the "horrible" designation....Horrible to me is some life-altering event that has long-lasting effects on someone.......not a problem with a cruise line.

To each his/her own, I suppose.

But, if you are unhappy working with a PVP and a supervisor, you've done the right thing by turning the booking over to a travel professional to deal with.

If the situation isn't cleared to your satisfaction, you can always cancel your reservation.

siince you provided no detail no one can comment on your specifics. It also leads me to believe they didn't give you bad information you just misunderstood what was told to you.

Hi Careywv,

Thanks goodness your booking is now safe in the hands of your TA... I think you should sit down and actually write a letter to Carnival - express your disappointment, include names and extension #'s whenever you have them available... Make sure they understand that this is your first cruise with Carnival and from a customer service standpoint, they are not getting a life long customer. You might also want to add that you post to a cruise bulletin board and that your opinion is not only heard by your friends and family, but also to everyone one on these boards....

Will this help? Maybe not, even probably not... but once you've done it, you can just settle back and know that you've done everything in your power... I think at this point, you would be happy with an "i'm sorry, we'll look into this" (and if that's true, put that in your letter also, that you weren't looking for a freebie, but just for some recognition that you were treated poorly)...

All in all, enjoy your cruise, and send your TA a nice post card! ;-)

P.S. Here's the link to the original thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911243

cathalane,

Thank you for that advice. I'm not looking for any type of freebie at all. I just want Carnival to be aware of the experience of one of their customers. I train employees on customer service, and I guess I have high customer service standards - which Carnival has not met.

I guess was just looking for advice from others who have had a pre cruise issue - and maybe what they did to resolve it.

Wow Carey it's not fun to start a cruise that way, can you tell us details? And you made a comment I didn't understand, you said they were mean to you because you were "fluffy"? How would they know that by dealing with you over the phone? And how exactly do you mean that they were bad to you because of this?

I'd love to hear more, and I truly hope they wouldn't discriminate against a person because of their size.

Good Luck, Carole

Well' date=' not knowing the issues, I can't relate to the "horrible" designation....Horrible to me is some life-altering event that has long-lasting effects on someone.......not a problem with a cruise line.

To each his/her own, I suppose.

But, if you are unhappy working with a PVP and a supervisor, you've done the right thing by turning the booking over to a travel professional to deal with.

If the situation isn't cleared to your satisfaction, you can always cancel your reservation.[/quote']

Yes, a travel professional....one in the business for many years who can set you straight!LOL

A PVP and their supervisor is who I am complaining about...

The PVP gave me completely wrong information about our cabin, and the supervisor was rude and kept me on hold for 3/4 of our conversation time. Not only that, she made me feel horrible because I am a "fluffy AKA plus sized" cruise passenger.

Plus sized people like to cruise too... ;)

Obviously you made your weight the PVP's issue because how else would the PVP know you are a "fluffy AKA plus sized" cruise passenger? Your posting assumes that the PVP cared about your weight or somehow discriminated against you because of it.

My PVP or travel agent doesn’t need to know my dimensions nor should they care

Me thinks you use the weight as the reason people could miscommunicate with you. In the specific case, the PVP didn’t meet your expectations. As others have said, find another professional albeit PVP or travel agent.

siince you provided no detail no one can comment on your specifics. It also leads me to believe they didn't give you bad information you just misunderstood what was told to you.

And even if they did provide details your response would be just as rude and condesending anyway.:rolleyes: Because that is what you do.

Dr. Jack

Yeap, I said to myself...in less than 20 posts... and I was right, It will become the Posters fault for what ever the issue is...Customer Service in this instance, it always is when they don't sing the praises of Carnival. How predictable.

Poster write a letter to someone in Carnival's upper management, but I really don't think you'll hear anything back from them of any substance. Good Luck.

Obviously you made your weight the PVP's issue because how else would the PVP know you are a "fluffy AKA plus sized" cruise passenger? Your posting assumes that the PVP cared about your weight or somehow discriminated against you because of it.

Me thinks you use the weight as the reason people could miscommunicate with you. In the specific case, the PVP didn’t meet your expectations. As others have said, find another professional albeit PVP or travel agent.

Don't be so quick to judge, the weight might be an issue if they were booked into a 1a with those bunk beds.:confused:

Thanks Cathy that answers that.

OP, if I could add to my previous response....as you probably already know, there are rude people everywhere, including here on these boards. I appreciate this site because I learn a lot about cruising, and one thing I learned a few weeks ago is that a plus sized passenger might not want an upper bearth because of the difficulty of getting in and out of the bed. I'm not sure if that is exactly the reason you had an issue with your pvp, but good customer service is about resolving an issue with a positive and professional attitude. If you feel your pvp was less than professional then I agree with the previous post about writing a letter to Carnival. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broke.

It is my understanding that this site has an ignore feature but I have yet to learn how it works. After reading this thread I'm going to make it a point to learn.

Best wishes for resolving your problem and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I don't take offense to my weight issues, but I do know that there are certain items that I have to be cautious and aware of. I try to make sure that I cover all my bases before traveling to ensure an enjoyable vacation.

I'm a very well prepared traveler, and I know certain items that my DH and I have to take into consideration. When flying to Jamaica last year, I bought a third seat just so he would be more comfortable in the tight spaces.

I know the weight limitations on the upper berths, and I made my PVP aware of the fact that an upper berth was out of the question for us. The PVP didn't discriminate - he just did not listen to my concerns. If he would have listened in the first place, I would have never had to deal with this mess.

Her posting assumed nothing.. you assumed they used their weight as a point of discrimination.. Nothing in her post disclosed why her weight was being discussed...

:rolleyes: for which there are several legitimate reasons...

OP, if I could add to my previous response....as you probably already know, there are rude people everywhere, including here on these boards. I appreciate this site because I learn a lot about cruising, and one thing I learned a few weeks ago is that a plus sized passenger might not want an upper bearth because of the difficulty of getting in and out of the bed. I'm not sure if that is exactly the reason you had an issue with your pvp, but good customer service is about resolving an issue with a positive and professional attitude. If you feel your pvp was less than professional then I agree with the previous post about writing a letter to Carnival. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broke.

It is my understanding that this site has an ignore feature but I have yet to learn how it works. After reading this thread I'm going to make it a point to learn.

Best wishes for resolving your problem and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Some of the posters on this site really know how to make a person feel GREAT, huh? :eek: Wow, I will stick to reading the posts and not starting my own from now on.

Carnivals whole PVP system is baffling to me.

They can not offer better deals than I can get myself by going to their site or by dealing with a TA.

And frankly...I would want to personally pick my "Personal" travel planner.

There is nothing personal about someone being "assigned" to you. :p

OP...I understand your desire to help by passing on the information about the poor service...but bottom line is , they don't want the help.

So just deal with your TA and have fun planning your trip. :D

As always,

There is the OP's version of what happened.

There is the PVP's version of what happened.

And there is the version that tells what really happened.

Unless we get all 3 versions, none of us will know what happened. And since we have NEVER received all 3 versions of any story. I don't know what happened.

Dan

Archived