How horrible...

careywv

Careywv,

There is a way you can complain before your cruise and that is let your feet do the walking. Which it appears you have already done. While for me I wouldn't have just transfered the booking. I would have cancelled the whole reservation and rebooked with someone else.

I actually did some google searches and found the information out on my own. I couldn't believe that the PVP didn't know the correct information. But, if they are using a script then they probably don't have all the information. I would think that as a measure for customer service, they would give tours/virtual tours to their employees to give them more information. But I guess that is just my training background coming in to play.

Also, I didn't know that by pulling the reservation over it would cost Carnival. Just for my curious mind, why does it cost?

They have to pay your TA the commission, the PVPs don't earn commission.

I also work in customer service (for over 25 yrs) I just called Carnival guest relations with issues I had on my last cruise.p I, too was not looking for freebies(I certainly wouldn't turn them down if they gave them though!) What I really wanted them to know was that there were issues with certain things that they needed to address.

They should address your problems, it is unacceptable to be treated that way. They certainly should look into pre cruise problems, they can be as inportant as post cruise issues

OK, I don't understand why the OP is still so bothered by this situation when it was resolved days ago. I understand CS and have ALWAYS worked directly with customers, in one capacity or another.

There are always different sides to the story and we're only hearing one. As the paying customer, your perception that someone was rude, is usually the only one that matters.

BUT, after reading the OP's other post, my perception is that the OP was a little remiss in doing her homework on which cabins might work best for her situation. An IS guarantee is only going to accomodate 3 with a bunk. Well, maybe it was tme to move to another room category?? She worked with CCL, who quite frankly, accomodated her very well. She now has an OV at an IS rate. So why still gripe? Unless I missed what the PVP/supr said to her, then what am I missing:confused: Now having pulled the booking, CCL might think twice about working with someone and accomodating them the next time and I wouldn't blame them.

I'm actually surprised that everyone's been so nice with their replies, especially after I read the thread that is actually the 1st part of this story. Oh well, maybe it's me:eek:

CareyWV - I hope that you and your family have a nice cruise. It sounds as though you're satisfied with the resolution. As someone else indicated, start planning the other pieces of your cruise, move forward and don't dwell on the what's already been fixed.

OK, I don't understand why the OP is still so bothered by this situation when it was resolved days ago. I understand CS and have ALWAYS worked directly with customers, in one capacity or another.

There are always different sides to the story and we're only hearing one. As the paying customer, your perception that someone was rude, is usually the only one that matters.

BUT, after reading the OP's other post, my perception is that the OP was a little remiss in doing her homework on which cabins might work best for her situation. An IS guarantee is only going to accomodate 3 with a bunk. Well, maybe it was tme to move to another room category?? She worked with CCL, who quite frankly, accomodated her very well. She now has an OV at an IS rate. So why still gripe? Unless I missed what the PVP/supr said to her, then what am I missing:confused: Now having pulled the booking, CCL might think twice about working with someone and accomodating them the next time and I wouldn't blame them.

I'm actually surprised that everyone's been so nice with their replies, especially after I read the thread that is actually the 1st part of this story. Oh well, maybe it's me:eek:

CareyWV - I hope that you and your family have a nice cruise. It sounds as though you're satisfied with the resolution. As someone else indicated, start planning the other pieces of your cruise, move forward and don't dwell on the what's already been fixed.

And I bet if the tables were turned around, you'd be here still griping too. She was wronged by Carnival and has a right to be upset, I know I would. And I would do everything in my power to let them know how they wronged me.

These days you would think customer service has made leaps and bounds, but we still get people who hate their jobs and take it out on the customer, and the company ends up losing in the long run.

Amy, I hope you have a great cruise. I would call Carnival and ask for a supervisor and let your complain be heard, as well as write that letter and send it in.

In every dealing I have had with Carnival, so far, the Carnival personnel have been great.

I hope this is the one and only time you are dissatified with Carnival.

Good luck on your cruise and have a great time! :D

I'll put everything in to a letter and send it out this evening. I just want them to be aware of the customer service - and that maybe they should train their staff on active listening when dealing with customers. ;)

Thanks (to most) for the advice. :)

You hit the nail on the head with this one, no one f'ing LISTENS anymore. We go to get something at a fast food restaurant even after they repeat it they still get it WRONG:mad:

From another Fluffy Poster

And I bet if the tables were turned around, you'd be here still griping too. She was wronged by Carnival and has a right to be upset, I know I would. And I would do everything in my power to let them know how they wronged me.

These days you would think customer service has made leaps and bounds, but we still get people who hate their jobs and take it out on the customer, and the company ends up losing in the long run.

Not so fast...I use my friends and family to gripe, not the CC forums. Though it's OK if that's how YOU want to use it. I like the exchange of comments and opinions, that's what makes this forum a wonderful exchange. IMO, it didn't sound like the OP was being "constructive" (my perception) because she was too cauht up being angry. I'm still wondering what really made her so mad, was it the PVP/supr attitude or something else? Who knows. Her issue was resolved, write a letter, write 5 letters if it makes you feel better. There's probably a lot of other planning that would be a lot more pleasing to think about.

So what's you're point about CS? You're right it may/may not hurt the business and as consumers, we have a choice if we no longer want to do business with a particular company. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. It's not an excuse, nor is it good, but it's reality. It's also up to each of us to have our own work ethic and to try and provide optimal CS whenever possible, if that's the type of position you're in.

Not so fast...I use my friends and family to gripe, not the CC forums. Though it's OK if that's how YOU want to use it. I like the exchange of comments and opinions, that's what makes this forum a wonderful exchange. IMO, it didn't sound like the OP was being "constructive" (my perception) because she was too cauht up being angry. I'm still wondering what really made her so mad, was it the PVP/supr attitude or something else? Who knows. Her issue was resolved, write a letter, write 5 letters if it makes you feel better. There's probably a lot of other planning that would be a lot more pleasing to think about.

So what's you're point about CS? You're right it may/may not hurt the business and as consumers, we have a choice if we no longer want to do business with a particular company. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. It's not an excuse, nor is it good, but it's reality. It's also up to each of us to have our own work ethic and to try and provide optimal CS whenever possible, if that's the type of position you're in.

How do you figure she was not being constructive ensuring the accomodations would be suitable for them? And the PVP/Sup'r attitude of not knowing/caring is unacceptable.

Here's to hoping the service on the ship is better than what I've experienced thus far... ;)

I would sincerely suggest that you attempt a refund and choose a different curise line. At this point, it will only go down hill for you. I am just trying to be realistic.

How do you figure she was not being constructive ensuring the accomodations would be suitable for them? And the PVP/Sup'r attitude of not knowing/caring is unacceptable.

The issue was already resolved, if you read through part 1 of this 2 part thread. Of course, we wouldn't have heard the most important pieces to this story, if a previous poster hadn't linked the two.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911243

I read every page of both threads before I commented, because I thought that I must be missing something. I just think that this thread sounds over exagerated, after you read the 1st one. Maybe it wouldn't have sounded so "whiney" to me, if she had just added on to her original post.

So...if anyone (maybe the OP) can really clarify what there's still so much anger over, then please let me know. At this point, I'm just curious.

The issue was already resolved, if you read through part 1 of this 2 part thread. Of course, we wouldn't have heard the most important pieces to this story, if a previous poster hadn't linked the two.

I read every page of both threads before I commented, because I thought that I must be missing something. I just think that this thread sounds over exagerated, after you read the 1st one. Maybe it wouldn't have sounded so "whiney" to me, if she had just added on to her original post.

So...if anyone (maybe the OP) can really clarify what there's still so much anger over, then please let me know. At this point, I'm just curious.

I, like you have read every page several times. There is still just to much anger and I also can't figure out what the OP wants. My advise again, is cancel now.

I stand put back in my place, I should have checked for other posts by the op

Sounds like you have a personal issue with the OP.

Some people are not aware of this other thread you keep referring to.

If you were bothered by that one, then why follow the OP over here to stalk and post your own whiny comments?

:rolleyes:

A PVP and their supervisor is who I am complaining about...

The PVP gave me completely wrong information about our cabin, and the supervisor was rude and kept me on hold for 3/4 of our conversation time. Not only that, she made me feel horrible because I am a "fluffy AKA plus sized" cruise passenger.

Plus sized people like to cruise too... ;)

How did she know you were plus size?

The problem is we have only heard the op's version of what happened. If you spoke to the PVP or the supervisor I am sure you would hear a different version of the picture that's been painted.

It's a shame that most just side with the OP and blame the PVP for everything. I don't know how you can do this after only hearing one side. It's another shame the PVP's can't come on here and defend themselves to everyone.

Careywv, I hope that your TA is able to get everything resolved for you, and that you can now relax and start enjoying the good stuff about cruising. If you really feel strongly, then I'd continue to try to talk with/write to the Carnival folks - but if pursuing it will take away from your enjoyment of your vacation, I'd let it go.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with the OP.

Some people are not aware of this other thread you keep referring to.

If you were bothered by that one, then why follow the OP over here to stalk and post your own whiny comments?

You've got to be kidding me! A personal issue with an OP, who I've never met and won't think about after the next 100 posts that I read:rolleyes: That's just a silly statement. Stalking...have you looked up the definition lately...obviously not. Especially since I've been replying to other posters, not to the OP. None of my posts have been mean, rude or thoughtless.

I guess this is how these threads go south...and you should know better since you've got a huge amount of posts under your belt.

You've got to be kidding me! A personal issue with an OP, who I've never met and won't think about after the next 100 posts that I read:rolleyes: That's just a silly statement.

Silly is following her posts and whining about her to every poster here.

You seem to be going out of your way to harrass her.

She was only asking in the original post how to contact someone at carnival with a precruise complaint.

I am sorry to hear that you have a bad time with your PVP. I think it depends on the person. Thankfully I have been working with my PVP fo years and he has been great! I wish I could give you his contact but I cant... Good luck!

Silly is following her posts and whining about her to every poster here.

You seem to be going out of your way to harrass her.

She was only asking in the original post how to contact someone at carnival with a precruise complaint.

There you go again, using another word, "harass" that you haven't looked up the definition on.

I don't take offense to my weight issues, but I do know that there are certain items that I have to be cautious and aware of. I try to make sure that I cover all my bases before traveling to ensure an enjoyable vacation.

I'm a very well prepared traveler, and I know certain items that my DH and I have to take into consideration. When flying to Jamaica last year, I bought a third seat just so he would be more comfortable in the tight spaces.

I know the weight limitations on the upper berths, and I made my PVP aware of the fact that an upper berth was out of the question for us. The PVP didn't discriminate - he just did not listen to my concerns. If he would have listened in the first place, I would have never had to deal with this mess.

I am saddened and sorry to hear this has happened to you...I agree that you should write a letter to Carnival's customer relations describing what transpired and why you pulled your booking to a TA.

Someone here said something about the company will always side with the employee; this is simply not true. There have been times I know of when the person taking the call and the supervisor were both reprimanded after the customer took it to a higher level than them.

My wife and I are "fluffy" as well; we don't need to book third seats on airplanes but we are "fluffy" all the same so I can understand and sympathize with you. Stay persistent and you will find someone high enough up who will take note and take necessary action...what happened here was uncalled for.

because that is the theme here on the Carnival boards....:eek:

Have you tried contacting John Heald on his blog? http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Some unsatisfied customers, after trying many other avenues, send him a message asking for help. Some do it annoymously and others not. If you want to get your point across, this may be the avenue. John is also a "fluffy" person and is very sympathetic to your situation.

I'm sorry other posters feel the need to degrade and condemn, but just know there ARE nice people in this world, it's too bad they don't visit this board often.

Take care and have a great vacation, no matter what you choose to do.

Archived