How horrible...

careywv

Some of the posters on this site really know how to make a person feel GREAT, huh? :eek: Wow, I will stick to reading the posts and not starting my own from now on.

Ignore them! .. You do what you need to do booking your cruise.. Write a letter to Carnival.. I have always found working with a TA is better than direct.. that's just my opinion..

Enjoy your cruise!

I'll put everything in to a letter and send it out this evening. I just want them to be aware of the customer service - and that maybe they should train their staff on active listening when dealing with customers. ;)

Thanks (to most) for the advice. :)

As always,

There is the OP's version of what happened.

There is the PVP's version of what happened.

And there is the version that tells what really happened.

Unless we get all 3 versions, none of us will know what happened. And since we have NEVER received all 3 versions of any story. I don't know what happened.

Dan

It's a PVP...their version is what their supervisor tells them it is.

:rolleyes:

As always,

There is the OP's version of what happened.

There is the PVP's version of what happened.

And there is the version that tells what really happened.

Unless we get all 3 versions, none of us will know what happened. And since we have NEVER received all 3 versions of any story. I don't know what happened.

Dan

Unless Carnival says what happened, then its Gospel.

Sensitivity Training anyone? ;)

No offense to your TA, but all he/she is doing by taking over the reservation is collecting a commission on a reservation that has already been created but without doing the work.

The PVP that you dealt with is out of the picture, but he/she already collected his/her bonus. They still get credit for the booking, even if it's eventually transferred to a TA.

So sorry to hear that you dealt with a less than stellar PVP/supervisor. The PVP should've told you from the beginning that the Spirit class (The Pride) doesn't have rollaways, period. Also, they should've told you that inside cabins have an upper bed for triple occupancy.

Some of the posters on this site really know how to make a person feel GREAT, huh? :eek: Wow, I will stick to reading the posts and not starting my own from now on.

Yeah the hoards of carnival cheerleaders come out of the woodwork and assume it is the OP fault as anyone with anything to do with carnival could not possibly make a mistake, be rude or anything else negative.

Once you are on your ship, you will feel so much better... The staff on the ship is so great, they understand what customer service is... Maybe Carnival's customer service center should work on tips!!!

In case you can't tell from my multiple postings, I've been really following your story... You seem like a very nice person and not a nit-picker. I'm glad you have a room know that suits your needs and I really wish Carnival's CS was a little bit more apologetic...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just hopes the service on the ship meets and exceeds your expectations!

Okay, now after you write that letter tonight, then you can get onto the important stuff - like what shore excursions you're going on!! The nightmare part is behind you... Ya know what, instead of sending a postcard to your TA, you should send her a bottle of wine cause you don't have to deal with Carnival CS ANYMORE!!!

Have fun!

Cath

I'm just glad my M-I-L doesn't have to deal with anything. I want this to be the best experience for her. She's never taken a vacation or traveled outside of our home state...so this will be an experience for her.

I am not going to try to defend Carnival, but I will say that most of the PVP's, who are nothing more than call center employees, know nothing about the ships, and if it doesn't fit their script they are at an absolute loss.

The OP here has a unique situation and was wise to move to a TA for assistance. I hope that the TA was able to assist, because I have no idea if rollaways are available or not, and even if they are if they will fit in the OPs cabin.

By all means send carnival a letter, but until they get PVPs who understand the ships nothing will change. IMO it is always easier to do the research on your own and book through the 800 # if you don't use a TA.

BTW, OP did get a measure of revenge, becuase when she pulled the cruise over to the TA it cost carnival somewhere between 10% and 15%.

No offense to your TA, but all he/she is doing by taking over the reservation is collecting a commission on a reservation that has already been created but without doing the work.

The PVP that you dealt with is out of the picture, but he/she already collected his/her bonus. They still get credit for the booking, even if it's eventually transferred to a TA.

So sorry to hear that you dealt with a less than stellar PVP/supervisor. The PVP should've told you from the beginning that the Spirit class (The Pride) doesn't have rollaways, period. Also, they should've told you that inside cabins have an upper bed for triple occupancy.

Might I suggest a 5A for someone who is cruising on a Spirit class ship (of which the Pride is one) and needs triple occupancy WITHOUT using an Upper.

Our 17 year old son with Autism could not sleep in an Upper until recently...and we love cabin 4194. While the view is obstructed....the French doors to give an open feeling to the cabin and we have always found them to be reasonably priced.

I hope you have a great cruise.

I actually did some google searches and found the information out on my own. I couldn't believe that the PVP didn't know the correct information. But, if they are using a script then they probably don't have all the information. I would think that as a measure for customer service, they would give tours/virtual tours to their employees to give them more information. But I guess that is just my training background coming in to play.

Also, I didn't know that by pulling the reservation over it would cost Carnival. Just for my curious mind, why does it cost?

Yeap, I said to myself...in less than 20 posts... and I was right, It will become the Posters fault for what ever the issue is...Customer Service in this instance, it always is when they don't sing the praises of Carnival. How predictable.

Poster write a letter to someone in Carnival's upper management, but I really don't think you'll hear anything back from them of any substance. Good Luck.

Why advise a letter be written if you don't feel a response will be received? Not having been given any details on the problem if the OP is this upset already I would cancel the cruise and book through another cruiseline.

Might I suggest a 5A for someone who is cruising on a Spirit class ship (of which the Pride is one) and needs triple occupancy WITHOUT using an Upper.

Our 17 year old son with Autism could not sleep in an Upper until recently...and we love cabin 4194. While the view is obstructed....the French doors to give an open feeling to the cabin and we have always found them to be reasonably priced.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you for that. We did get a book a 5A, although now it is classified as a 4F.

Yeah the hoards of carnival cheerleaders come out of the woodwork and assume it is the OP fault as anyone with anything to do with carnival could not possibly make a mistake, be rude or anything else negative.

This is so true. I like Carnival, that is why I choose to sail with them. That said,it is not a perfect world, and many times posters here have very legit concerns. There are a few rather nasty,negative people who post regularly and it seems like they are scouring the threads,poised to jump on anyone who may express a less than flattering view of Carnival. I know who they are, and I just ignore them I hope you have a wonderful cruise,these people are the least of your concerns:D

Why advise a letter be written if you don't feel a response will be received? Not having been given any details on the problem if the OP is this upset already I would cancel the cruise and book through another cruiseline.

OK, OP do what Mikel1733 said...or you could write a letter to Carnival's Management, whichever you prefer. I'm easy... ;) In any event enjoy your cruise, hope MIL does too.

Sorry about the difficulty but stuff does happen. :( And after you have notified Carnival you have done your part. And as was previously stated have a fantastic time. :) Hope you meet lots of people, make many new friends and your DH and MIL and YOU all have a most memorable time.

I couldn't help but have a good time just being around all those many others having fun too. The fun was contagious. :D

By the way, first thing on the ship go to the Pursers Desk and get a map of the ship. :rolleyes: It W-I-L-L come in handy some time during your cruise.

Brad

I had a similar experience with my very first PVP. He was ah-mazing his name was David Fredericks and then he moved up in the Carnival world ( good for him) bad for me !!! The two PVP's I dealt with after him, had the customer service of a stump !!!!Seriously ....

I have yet to find another PVP with the mentality of Customer First ...it is not about freebies and etc Although I do enjoy them ..but how I am treated and talked to on the phone, how my emails are reponded to and and how I feel I am being looked out for .....

Oh I wish of another great PVP ......

P.S. I agree if your not happy do what you need to do for your own piece of mind !!!!

Sometimes I think the act of writing a letter, even if you feel its futile, is kind of therapuetic to the letter writer... At least after that you can say "I've done all that I can to express myself, now I can let it go". At least that is how I would feel....

Oh and I didn't even think of how pulling the booking and switching to a TA would cost Carnival... Carnival pays the TA's a commission of around 10% or 15% - when you book direct with Carnival, then Carnival keeps that commission themselves... If that PVP had actually listened, or even if their supervisor had listened, then Carnival wouldn't have to pay a TA (that should go in the letter too!!).

Carey I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise. I know the excitement you feel when you say you are taking someone on their first cruise-or out of WV even. I am leaving Wednesday to take my older sister on her first cruise.

It really is a shame that you feel that you can't start your own post. I hope you will reconsider. Do like a lot of us on here do-take the info you need, leave the rest and DO NOT take anything you read here personally (I know that's hard but try). I would bet that 100% of those who choose to respond negatively have their own set of major issues, so please don't take anything they say to heart and feel free to start a post if you choose.

As you can see I have been on CC a long time and trust me-I have a few of those negative poster on ignore.

I really enjoy reading all the information that I get on these boards. I just thought it was strange that you can freely complain AFTER your cruise - but you can't complain to anyone before your cruise. Strange logic - but whatever.

I have OCD when it comes to planning and sit and think of ways to make it great for my DH - without him even knowing. Now I want to make it even better because his mother is traveling with us. Maybe it's a wife thing - trying to impress the M-I-L - so call me crazy...LOL

I'm writing my theraputic letter...and keeping the issues to myself, so my DH and M-I-L think that everything went off without a hitch. ;)

Sometimes I think the act of writing a letter, even if you feel its futile, is kind of therapuetic to the letter writer... At least after that you can say "I've done all that I can to express myself, now I can let it go". At least that is how I would feel....

Oh and I didn't even think of how pulling the booking and switching to a TA would cost Carnival... Carnival pays the TA's a commission of around 10% or 15% - when you book direct with Carnival, then Carnival keeps that commission themselves... If that PVP had actually listened, or even if their supervisor had listened, then Carnival wouldn't have to pay a TA (that should go in the letter too!!).

4 out of 5 cruises are booked by travel agents-they are the ones that fill the ships, year round.. Each agent makes a commission on the cruise fare. Carnival isn't going to miss a couple of hundred dollars paid to the agent.....and, frankly, are probably happy that the OP is working with an agent.

Perhaps the agent can straighten things out for OP - or OP isn't going to get what she wants anyway because it's not a possibility.

From her previous thread, it appears the situation was solved....as of Jan 21 anyway. So, we don't know much about this at all.

Archived