Squeamish question about luau

Excited to go crusing

Will we see a whole pig come out of the ground or just bits of pork. I'm a former vegetarian & if I see a poor pigs head &/or body complete with legs come out of the ground,:eek: I will loose my appetite, Dh thinks a luau would be fun, but I don't want to go if the pig is too graphic I'll appreciate any ideas :)

For some luaus, the imu pit is away from the tables and they invite you to go to the opening of it. Usually, the pit is not too close to where the dining is going to be taking place as there is a floor show afterwards and it would be bad form to have your dancer take a header onto hot lava rocks.

I won't go into the details of what the pig looks like or how it's dessed,but it's usually whisked away fairly quickly to prep it for service, so the window you would have to be exposed to it is fairly short.

My advice would be to go and before you are seated, tell them of your concern and ask if you could be seated somewhere away from the imu. I'm sure they will do their best to accomodate you.

Archived