Thank you cruise critic members and board

aquagirl1

Back from my first ever cruise on the Ruby Jan 17-24 booked air and hotel through Princess. Stayed at the Marriott North and was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Princess staff at the airport were also very helpful and friendly.

Didn't get to the ship till later due to a problem with a bus transfer so unfortunately missed the meet and greet roll call.

Was totally amazed how smooth boarding, disembarking, tendering went-fantasic organization.

Also very impressed that everything is so wheelchair accessible and how they really looked after those passengers.

Service was really good and friendly-there was never a time when at the buffet that a staff member didn't take my mother's plate and carry it to the table (she is not in a wheelchair-have a sister in one so tend to notice

wheelchair accessibility)

Didn't do much for shows but enjoyed the two I did see which were the crew talent show and the cooking show with galley tour.

Favourite spots were the Thermal suite-75pp a week, sanctuary 10.00 pp 1/2 a day and the international cafe where we enjoyed lunch a few times.

Purchased the coffee card and enjoyed the unlimited brewed coffee's that came with it and the friendly staff who I enjoyed the company of during the week. Say hi to Karen from Wales if you go there-she has some great Princess stories.

The staff at the spa were amazing -we had a few different treatments and were treated like royalty. It was great to find out the two ladies we had were physio therapists Liza and Suzanna-they were fantasic!

We were on the Lido deck a few short steps to walk up the stairs to the spa and a few short steps the other direction to walk to the buffet. For us the location was fantasic-a little noise but nothing bothersome. Our room stewart Christian was great. I loved having a balcony and the fact no one was above us-so more private than the other decks that you could look down on and weren't as private.

Went to Sabatini's one night and it was a fun dinning experience. Food in all venues I would give 3 out of 5 but that being said it was pefectly acceptable- I just thought it would be a little better than it was.

I want to thank cruise critic members for the help I got prior to travelling -the tips and comments were most helpful and saved me alot of time as I was prepared and had no unexpected suprises.

On a final note it was great having internet access in the cabin.

Would sail on the Ruby again.

Archived