Independent Tours

kross

Can anyone recommend an independent tour company (other than My Friend Mario) for a stop in Colon, Panama in April? We are considering an excursion with Carnival as well, and I have read several posts about Mario (all good) but just wondered if I had any other options.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend an independent tour company (other than My Friend Mario) for a stop in Colon, Panama in April? We are considering an excursion with Carnival as well, and I have read several posts about Mario (all good) but just wondered if I had any other options.

We are wondering the same thing. We've seen the locks and want to do something a little more adventurous maybe and thought there would be something along those lines, but we haven't found anything. Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something.

• 4 weeks later...

Colon isn't really much of a tourist town. It has some very rough sections and then a commercial area which is where the warehouses are. You might try checking out Panama tour companies not based in Colon but who may be willing to do tours out of Colon. IMHO don't just do a taxi tour in this port. We have been there twice and both times did ship's tours because it just seems to be one of those places you don't want to take too many chances in.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived