Need some tour help

KnightsofColumbus

I have several questions that I couldn't find answers to by searching. One thing I did find is that I want to do either a Godfrey, sunny liston, or spiderman tour. They all seem to have the same tour which allows for shopping from 9:00AM - noon. Followed by an island tour for about 1.5 hours and then 2 hours of beach. Here are my questions.

Has anyone that has taken the carnival victory recently taken any of these tours? If so which one, and what time where you back to the ship by?

I'm worried about being back on the ship by 4:30. They say they get you back on the ship by about 4:15 and I think I have to be back by 4:30 so there is little room for error. Will they get us back to the ship on time, and will most of the people on the tour be from the cruise ship?

Is 900 AM -1200 to much time to shop? I think they take us downtown. What is there? Is there enough time to shop for 3 hours or should I get picked up at 10:00 AM. Is the havensight mall nearby or would I need to go to the mall before downtown.

Is there any reason to shop downtown and at the mall or do they have the same items. Are there things that are cheaper in the mall or downtown?

What is the tour like? What things do you see? If I bring a camcorder can I leave it on the truck while I'm at the beach and will it be safe?

What beach do you get to go to? Do you get to pick the beach before you sign up? I only want to go to Megans bay. But the tours don't really say which beach you go to? How is it decided?

The tours say there are two times you can leave the beach after 15 min. or 2 hours. Is there any way to leave the beach after 1 hour.

Also, if anyone who has been on the victory recently and could give a detailed review for any of those three tours (Godfrey, Sunny, or spiderman) I would like to see it.

Thanks a lot!

WE used Godfrey tours on our last visit to St Thomas and we enjoyed his tour very much. We'd been to St Thomas several times, and on that visit just wanted a bit of shopping, beach and photo op's and Godfrey's tour seemed to fit the bill and it did. We opted to be picked up at 9AM, but, depending on what you're shopping for, you could certainly opt for later. Havensight does have many of the branded shops that you will find in town, the jewelry and liquor shops, but if you are looking for some of the smaller shops with local crafts and unique items, you may want to go into town and poke around down the side streets where those smaller shops are. On our tour, it seemed that the majority ruled as far as which beach we visited (Sapphire or Coki were our choices) and how long we stayed at the beach. We got back to the pier with about 1/2 to spare before we needed to be on board and that was about our limit for cutting it close. Hope this helps with your decision.

WE used Godfrey tours on our last visit to St Thomas and we enjoyed his tour very much. We'd been to St Thomas several times, and on that visit just wanted a bit of shopping, beach and photo op's and Godfrey's tour seemed to fit the bill and it did. We opted to be picked up at 9AM, but, depending on what you're shopping for, you could certainly opt for later. Havensight does have many of the branded shops that you will find in town, the jewelry and liquor shops, but if you are looking for some of the smaller shops with local crafts and unique items, you may want to go into town and poke around down the side streets where those smaller shops are. On our tour, it seemed that the majority ruled as far as which beach we visited (Sapphire or Coki were our choices) and how long we stayed at the beach. We got back to the pier with about 1/2 to spare before we needed to be on board and that was about our limit for cutting it close. Hope this helps with your decision.

Hi were you on the Carnival Victory and did you get back at 4:00 or 4:30?

Thanks!

I am booked with Air Force One in March. I have visited St. Thomas twice but never done a city and beach tour with one of these vendors. There are lots of them around the port area.

I read great reviews about Air Force One, so we are going to give them a shot.

www dot havefunwithus dot com Check their web-site. They responded right away to my email and I pay once I get there.

Good luck and do some more searching on CC. There are lots of reviews other than some of these cat-fight reviews between some of these "members". Also use tripadvisor for reviews.

I am booked with Air Force One in March. I have visited St. Thomas twice but never done a city and beach tour with one of these vendors. There are lots of them around the port area.

www dot havefunwithus dot com Check their web-site. They responded right away to my email and I pay once I get there.

Good luck and do some more searching on CC. There are lots of reviews other than some of these cat-fight reviews between some of these "members". Also use tripadvisor for reviews.

Thanks a lot man! Or woman as the case may be.

We were on Carnival Splendor in Dec, took a Godfrey tour and were back by 4:00. He's very conscientious about getting you back to your ship in time...it's his business and it would look bad if he wasn't on time.

We really enjoyed our tour, shopping and beach time.

We are also booked with Air Force One. He has been recommended on this board by Luv2Cruz; who is the leader of the CC group trip to Bermuda in June.

Hi were you on the Carnival Victory and did you get back at 4:00 or 4:30?

Thanks!

No, we were not on the Carnival Victory, but we did need to be back onboard by 4:30 and we were at the gate by 4PM. As has been stated, Godfrey is very conscientious about getting the passengers back to the ship well within the allowed boarding time. There were probably about 15 on Godfrey's tour from our ship.

Check out Henry of EEE tours. He is a former law enforcement officer from St. Thomas and a friend of Papa Bear of Air Force One tours. We did his tour #1 option and loved it. We had a nice 2 hour tour of the island along with some interesting history and then headed to Sapphire Beach. You can choose any beach you want. We were at the beach for 2 hours. I highly recommend his tour and it was a great value for only $25.

Check out Henry of EEE tours. He is a former law enforcement officer from St. Thomas and a friend of Papa Bear of Air Force One tours. We did his tour #1 option and loved it. We had a nice 2 hour tour of the island along with some interesting history and then headed to Sapphire Beach. You can choose any beach you want. We were at the beach for 2 hours. I highly recommend his tour and it was a great value for only $25.

He must be good if someone from Cincinnati would recommend a tour guide named Henry Christopher given the reputation of Christopher Henry.

We have used Air Force 1 and Godfrey and I think both are EXCELLENT tour guides. They are both very responsible, and will do all they can to make your visit to St. Thomas memorable.

Thanks for the info. We are booked on Air Force 1 for March and will be on the Emerald Princess :o)

Thanks for the info. We are booked on Air Force 1 for March and will be on the Emerald Princess :o)

Papa Bear is fantastic! Did you look at the video on his website under Coki Beach? He is such a sweet guy and my teens thought he was terrific. So terrific in fact that we are going to use him again on our March Crown cruise :)

Just got off the Emerald in December and it was a fabulous cruise!!! Have a great time.

Papa Bear is fantastic! Did you look at the video on his website under Coki Beach? He is such a sweet guy and my teens thought he was terrific. So terrific in fact that we are going to use him again on our March Crown cruise :)

Just got off the Emerald in December and it was a fabulous cruise!!! Have a great time.

I am really looking forward to our Emerald cruise. It is 10 days of relaxing. So glad to hear about how great Papa Bear is. Have a great weekend ~ Els :o)

Have fun on your Crown cruise!

Hi - I'm becoming more confused about going on the excursions. Are you booking in advance with tour companies with the cruise ship? Or getting off the ship and hooking up with someone at the pier? Don't you have to be alittle concerned for your safety? I've been to different islands and booked up tours at the hotels. Not sure about the cruise? Any help would be appreciated. Also how can you find out where the ship docks at each island?

Semiretired, you might want to go under each port of call and read reviews for the ports you will be visiting and see what comments have been posted about independent tour operators. For the most part, in the Caribbean, it is safe to book tours with independent operators, or to hire taxis. There are some exceptions, and those should become clear as you read through the posts on each port. Of course, everyone has their own "risk tolerance", and you have to take that into account. If for example, your ship is only going to be in port for a short time, and you are going to worry about getting back to the ship in time, then it is not worth the few $'s you may save by booking your tour independently. You would probably be more comfortable on a ship's excursion, knowing you'll get safely back to the ship by departure time. Hope this helps!

I have used Sonny Liston 3 times. Twice on cruise and once staying in st. thomas for 10 days. We hired him for the whole day and he picked us up at our villa. Always have a great time with him.

Thanks what time did you get back to ship? What time did you leave the beach and how long did it take you to get back? What beaches did you go to and how was that decided.

Thanks!

Hello, I took the Godfrey tour a couple of years ago and it was amazing. We enjoyed it so much that we are heading back on the Carnival Victory in 10 days and have booked with Godfrey again. We did Saphire/Cokie beach last time and we are doing Magens Bay this time around. You will not be dissapointed with Godfrey.

Kristin

Archived