So What Balcony Is Recommended?

Since the Oasis hasn't sailed yet it's hard to say what is a balcony to avoid. But from the ship's layout you can determine what's right for you. If you want to overlook the sea and hear the ocean and view a sunset/rise or two, then an regular outside balcony cabin. If you want to overlook the central park area with all the greenery and people watching potential, then that would be a good choice. If you want to see more activity, people watch (definitely more kids and noise), and a glimpse at the aft view and aquatheater, then a boardwalk balcony would be best. IMHO, it would all be up to personal preferences and how much you're willing to spend.

Makes sense Karen. So could you see the aft with ocean from the central park view? Or just people watch like the old "promenade" views on other RCI ships.

I think the boardwalk view would be a bit noisey for us, so either a regular balcony or central park view would do. But no central park if you can see no ocean at all. I can't tell based on the deck plans.

We had to book two rooms to accommodate all in our party, so we chose to book one oceanview balcony and then a central park balcony right across the hall. That way, we get to experience both by "borrowing" each other's balconies! Yea!!! I'm sure whatever you end up doing, there will be something about the particular balcony that you choose that you can enjoy! Have fun!!

We have a Boardwalk View Balcony. These Balconies have a view of the aft end as well. The ones closer to the aft also have views of the Aquatheater. I don't think there will be very much noise with the ones on decks 10,11 or 12. I would avoid deck 14 as this is the kids deck and pools are above too. Book whatever your looking for. It's just great to have a cabin on this ship!!!

We wanted a view of the water so we booked a D8 Central Park balcony on Deck 8 right next to the JS hump cabins. We figured that would be a great place to be, still centrally located, and our balcony, so it should be great. We can't wait. I keep looking at the deck plans to get myself familiar with it.

Archived