LIVE from Explorer with a bad propellor 2/1/09

megr1125

just got off too, and yes we did St. Thomas then San Juan then back to N.J.

Don't find it weird as they are on vacation, maybe no one on current cruise wants to spend the $ to update. :confused:

what were your times in st.thomas please? and san juan? thanks! we are on the eos 3/27, 9 day............

MOM2NNB.....Thank you for your post. I guess because it was on the way home that St. Thomas was the stop before Puerto Rico. I was thinking it was on the trip down that St. Thomas was first. I panicked because we have a private charter booked for our day in St. Thomas and was hoping I didn't have to jump through hoops to change dates (not to mention pray that they were still available for charter!!!:eek:). And, you're right.....people are on vacation and who wants to sit in front of a computer, but, with all the hoopla going on with this propeller mystery, I thought for sure someone would update the masses:). I've seen people post on threads EVERY DAY of their cruise. I seriously don't know how they find the time or have the patience to do that. I think I e-mail my family once when on a cruise and that's about it!!!!! Actually, our last cruise I didn't bother to e-mail anyone because on our cruise prior to that, people didn't get my e-mail until AFTER I got home from the cruise.:confused:

Oh well........whatever will be will be. I hope the current cruise is going great.

Hi all! Are there any recent 5-day Bermuda return cruisers (since the propeller problem) that can share their experience- was the time in Bermuda reduced just a little or a lot due to slower travel? Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked already, I checked just about the whole thread, but may have missed it. I am cruising the 5 day Bermuda in 10-09 and would love a heads-up. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi all! Are there any recent 5-day Bermuda return cruisers (since the propeller problem) that can share their experience- was the time in Bermuda reduced just a little or a lot due to slower travel? Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked already, I checked just about the whole thread, but may have missed it. I am cruising the 5 day Bermuda in 10-09 and would love a heads-up. Thanks in advance! :)

they don't offer the 5 day til spring.....so there's no info!

We board the Explorer on 3/6. We will have to live with the port time changes, if any. We are planning on have a great time no matter what. But, it would be good to hear something first hand from a post off the ship! :rolleyes:

I know you'd like some info for yourself but you are the "guinea pig" sailing for me since your itinerary is identical to my 4/17 sailing.:D (I think the only 9 nighters since the prop problem have started in labadee and ended in San Juan, correct?) So I am anxious to see how the San Juan to Labadee itinerary works out! I am assuming any changes that are made for your sailing will be the same for mine, so please please please let me know when you return:)

We board the Explorer on 3/6. We will have to live with the port time changes, if any. We are planning on have a great time no matter what. But, it would be good to hear something first hand from a post off the ship! :rolleyes:

I am on that cruise with you and my best guess is that we may arrive an hour or so late in San Juan and we may lose an hour or two in Labadee in order to make it back on time.

If we do lose time in P.R. then we may pick it up in St. Thomas, hopefully as this is the best of all our ports.

what were your times in st.thomas please? and san juan? thanks! we are on the eos 3/27, 9 day............

We were in St. Thomas until 8pm and San Juan from 6am until 11am. That was a waste of a port, considering stores don't open before 9am. It was ok, since we got to get off and walk around for awhile before reboarding to spend nearly 3 days at sea. For my part, it didn't effect the good time we had. It was a very enjoyable cruise for me and my family and a much needed vacation. I would have been fine with 8 days at sea! But that's just me. :rolleyes:

[/u]

MRDRDOSO.....In reading your post, it appears that you were in St. Thomas before San Juan. Is that true??

yes that is true, we first hit labadee, then samana, no changes in times for those ports, then st. thomas we were extended there till 8 pm which was great, my fav port of all and had the chance to do the champagne sunset sail, best time ever,and oh boy are those painkillers good, except my head had pain the next day, anyways then san juan from 6-11, did get a good tour and a lil shopping in so it wasn't so bad, wished i had more time, but since it gave me more time in st. thomas it was well worth it. hope that helps, it was a great trip, we had the best service in main dining room, shout out to antonio and estaban, relax enjoy your vacation, it is what it is, and no matter what your not at work.

Don't worry, I'm the guinea pig for the first Bermuda 5 day sailing. Let's hope there's no time changes since it's my wedding! At least I wanted a sunset ceremony so as long as we're in Bermuda by 3pm I should be good!

I'll make sure I post once we return of any changes!

Archived