Please help, cabin question!

What room service, no problem. Oh yeah the rooms up top cost more for a reason and it isn't because of the rough ride....icon_smile.gif Iwas just on deck 10 on the Serenade and never knew the ship was ever moving.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

IMHO, a ship is going to be rocky in rough seas. Smooth waters = smooth sailing. On the Pride, we had a balcony on the highest cabin deck and had no rocking whatsoever.

We ate and drank on our balconies (Pride & VOS) without any mishaps.

One more thing, once you've had a balcony....THERE IS NO GOING BACK!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we set sail on the Mariner of the Seas

2002 Rhapsody of the Seas

2002 Carnival Sensation

2003 Carnival Pride

2003 Voyager of the Seas

You got that right trigger. Once you've had a balcony you will have to have one everytime you cruise from now on. We have looked at other cruiselines but some of them have older ships that don't have balconies and we won't take them. We'll stick with Royal Caribbean and have our balcony cabin.

Happy Cruising

Patty

It's balcony or nothing, period. But there are alot of folks who say ,"why get a balcony after all all you do is sleep in you room. You know what,Thats probably all they do,lol...icon_smile.gif

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

We had a balcony on the Splendour for the Panama Canal. We had interior cabins before that sailing. We booked our next cruise while on board and I asked the booking agent to give us quotes on the interior cabins... DH states been there, done that, don't want to do it again. icon_biggrin.gif Now of course I am a dutiful wife that never argues with her husband.... so I said to the agent....well I guess you had better give us a quote on a balcony then.... I must say I didn't argue a bit when we booked our Balcony on the Brilliance for next year. I just love it when I am a dutiful wife....tee hee.

God bless you and yours.

OK, generally I would say if the seas are rough it is rocky everywhere on the ship and if the seas are calm it´s a smooth sailing.

The larger the ship the better it should get high seas although if there are high winds a larger ship has more surface in the wind and that may affect the ship in addition to the sea.

Now coming to cabin location. if the ship moves you´ll feel it everywhere on the ship.

The ship will most probably roll around an axis. This means you´ll feel less motion midships in the middle inside cabin on a lower deck. The more you get to the outside of the ship and to the front or back and to the upper decks the further you´ll be from the imaginated axis and you´ll feel more motion.

I sailed the stormy north Atlantic with very, very high seas (Captain Bang told us later it was the worst ride he ever had on a cruise ship). I was in an outside on deck two in the front. I did it well but it was rough. My favourite place was in the Solarium area, although it was high up I felt it was better up there.

I definitely would go for the balcony but I would stay midships.In my eyes the best location.

First pics of the undocking of the Jewel of the Seas:

http://community.webshots.com/album/125049819TVWuuS

Jewel of the Seas left Meyerwerft Shipyard

See Photos of River Ems passage

http://community.webshots.com/album/131001309cIkOdH

Jewel of the Seas - 05/28/04 Scandinavia / Russia / Baltic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;05;28;7;20;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Jewel of the Seas - 09/28/04 Canada / New England

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;09;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

09/2003 - Legend of the Seas Hawaii

06/2003 - Norwegian Dawn Florida and Bahamas

2002 - MS Columbus - Cruise to nowhere

2001 - Grandeur of the Seas Mediterranean and Transatlantic

2000 - Splendour of the Seas Transatlantic

2000 - Viking Star on the Danube River

1999 - Vision of the Seas Panamacanal cruise

1998 - Vision of the Seas Transatlantic

1997 - Crystal Symphonie to Mexican Riviera

1996 - Delta Queen on the Mississippi

1995 - Legend of the Seas to Alaska

Was on the Explorer of the Seas last January, very stormy weather, VERY high seas and though we were rockin and rollin on a ship that size it was just soooooooo great, at times could actually feel some of the spray from the waves...BALCONY only way to go, you'll never go back to a 'plain' room. The sea air, the view, just everything is heavenly. And even though we were out an about all the time, our balcony was my piece of heaven. By the way, we were on the 9th deck.

We leave on the EOS this June 27th and selected 10th deck AFT cabin, can hardly wait...

Have fun...

Archived