Looking for nice beach w/no purchase required

Perfect Stranger

I'm looking for a nice beach where I can relax in a chair for a couple hours while my son wades in the water. It doesn't have to be a good snorkeling beach and we don't need water toys. I don't mind paying for chairs/umbrella but don't want to be required to buy food/drinks, as I'd rather visit a Mexican restaurant of my own choice afterward.

actually, some of the beach resorts have excellent food...as you can read by the couple of discussions about nachi cocom on this thread.

the nachos and grilled shrimp were better then any i have found at home, dining out. one of the reasons we choose nachi, was that it was not a buffet stye...food was served either at tables or at your lounger. also, the food was more local fare then tex-mex or bar food.

Actually, I think the food and drink is the same as paying for a chair:D. And, the food is generally outstanding and pricing isn't bad. You gotta remember, you're not only using "a chair" but you have access to clean restrooms, a clean beach, close proximity to water or food and bevs in case you want one, and readily available taxi's if you need 'em. It's a small price to pay, in my opinion.

It's not the money. I don't mind paying $15-$20 for two chairs and an umbrella. I just wanted to walk to one of the many good Mexican restaurants near the cruise dock that I've heard about.

I see...I'm not sure there are good beaches near the piers...I think there are some man made beaches, near some piers. Good luck. And, if you make it to PB, the ceviche is to die for!:D

Archived