Seattle Hotels

jittey3

I obtained really great info here for our last cruise to the Caribbean. I am now looking for some advice. We are taking our first Alaskan cruise at the end of May out of Seattle. It's me, DH, DD, and MIL. We will be getting into SEA the day before we sail and would like to see a few sights, like the Pikes Market, Space Needle...etc. I'm not sure if we should find a hotel close to the airport with free shuttle and then taxi to these areas, or is it better to taxi to the hotel that is within walking distance to these? I see that hotels are not cheap there! I'd like to stay under $200 if possible. Thank you in advance!

I obtained really great info here for our last cruise to the Caribbean. I am now looking for some advice. We are taking our first Alaskan cruise at the end of May out of Seattle. It's me, DH, DD, and MIL. We will be getting into SEA the day before we sail and would like to see a few sights, like the Pikes Market, Space Needle...etc. I'm not sure if we should find a hotel close to the airport with free shuttle and then taxi to these areas, or is it better to taxi to the hotel that is within walking distance to these? I see that hotels are not cheap there! I'd like to stay under $200 if possible. Thank you in advance!

By the time you pay taxi for four from airport to downtown and back even just one time, you might just as well take a hotel downtown. If you work hard at it, you might find a hotel room for four under $200.00 on priceline or hotwire.

I was able to book the Crowne Plaza just yesterday by bidding on Priceline. It is downtown and near enough to several attractions to keep us occupied for the evening. I got it for a May 8th (Friday night) stay for 80 bucks.

I am quite happy with that.

I use hotwire to book hotels all the time. Booked one for our cruise out of Seattle just a few weeks ago. We have 4 adults and I booked the 3 1/2 star in downtown-Pikes Place for $140/night. Turned out to be Red Lion on 5th Ave (we stayed there for our 2005 cruise). I like Hotwire because you can book a room for more than 2.

I am looking for a Hotel for May 21 and have been bidding on Priceline now for three weeks without a win. My largest bid on Priceline was $91 for a four star and $71 for a three and a half star (downtown). I have had really good luck in the past with Priceline and Hotwire but have not given up hope. I can use my credit card points for a free hotel stay (Crown Plaza) but I like the opportunity to get that winning bid. I am really suprised because the economy is not doing well and the cruise ships are not filling up. I just watched Hotwire raise prices by $50 this week for a three and a half star hotel and was just wondering if the inventory for Hotels will no move much? I am going to continue to bid on Priceline but come April I'll have to make a decision on where to stay. I guess time will tell. Thanks for letting me know there have been some winning bids. Tim

I am looking for a Hotel for May 21 and have been bidding on Priceline now for three weeks without a win. My largest bid on Priceline was $91 for a four star and $71 for a three and a half star (downtown). I have had really good luck in the past with Priceline and Hotwire but have not given up hope. I can use my credit card points for a free hotel stay (Crown Plaza) but I like the opportunity to get that winning bid. I am really suprised because the economy is not doing well and the cruise ships are not filling up. I just watched Hotwire raise prices by $50 this week for a three and a half star hotel and was just wondering if the inventory for Hotels will no move much? I am going to continue to bid on Priceline but come April I'll have to make a decision on where to stay. I guess time will tell. Thanks for letting me know there have been some winning bids. Tim

Have you looked at biddingfortravel.com? You can look at the winning bids that people have placed and won. I hope that helps. Tanya

A good many of the hotels are already nearing capacity for the summer season. While the cruises are a large portion of the people taking up hotel beds, Seattle has a lot of tourism and conventions over and above that. It is difficult to find a bed here for the summer after late fall/early winter.

I've gone as high as $130 for a four star June 18 with no luck. I think I'll try 3-1/2 and see what happens

Tried Priceline again this morning and got the Westin downtown for 139 (167 with taxes, service fee etc). The Westin website looks like all the rooms are double/double or king/double sofa. But I've never had a problem calling the hotel directly and telling them that I want two beds.

I've also been lucky the last two times by getting free upgrades to suites even though I booked on Priceline (but that was in Indianapolis and had nothing to do with cruising--still it was a wonderful surprise).

tried in vain to get a 3 to 3.5 star down town hotel on price line for mid june. Went as much as $115 per night. Finally ended up at the red Lion Sea-Tac for $100 per night for three people.(two queen beds). Found out there is a bus tour for less than $23 per person that takes in all the sights and if you want ot get off you can catch a later bus back.

We are sailing on the NCL Star, disembark and have one night in Seattle, then on to the Star Princess. Can anyone suggest a hotel that's kind of between the two piers? Thanks in advance.

There really aren't any.

If you are wanting moderate price, Homewood Suites on Western/Elliott is good. And sort of midway in between, but not exactly, but it is on the same street that goes by Terminal 91.

I finally went ahead and booked the Airport Doubletree through Princess for the night before the cruise, mainly because I know nothing about Seattle, and I wanted the Princess transfer to the ship. Other Doubletrees that I have used have been quite nice. Do you know anything about the one at the airport?

I finally went ahead and booked the Airport Doubletree through Princess for the night before the cruise, mainly because I know nothing about Seattle, and I wanted the Princess transfer to the ship. Other Doubletrees that I have used have been quite nice. Do you know anything about the one at the airport?

It's nice, too. Very large and spread out.

OK......I finally got a hotel and it wasn't through Priceline. I have worked the bids on Priceline for over three weeks now and had a change in plans. Since our flight gets in between 5 and 6 PM I finally booked the 3 1/2 star Airport on Hotwire for a very reasonable price. If you want to know which hotel this is goe to "betterbidding" and that hotel is identified. I'm happy and what is more importan the wife is happy.

Flamomo, I think you are doing the right thing since you don't know the Sea Tac Airport. From what I have heard your hotel is minutes from the Air Port Terminal area. There is a free shuttle to your hotel every 15 minutes all 24 hours day and night. It sounds like to me you will be there with a bunch of other cruisers. I have done Alaska before and you will really like the scenery. Have a great trip. Tim

Archived