Antarctica & South America on Celebrity

Atomica

Has anyone done Antarctica & South America on Celebrity? Just curious as to what you thought of the overall experience?

I've been looking at the Infinity leaving Jan 31, 2010. I've looked at similar offerings on Holland America and Princess, but the Infinity's itinerary is far better IMHO.

However - that pod issue with the M-class ships worries me a little. I know it hasn't reared its ugly head in a while - has anyone heard if it's been essentially fixed, or if it still crops up every now and then?

You'll probably go to Antarctica only once in your lifetime and the large ships do not put you ashore, an amazing experience. If you can afford it take a smaller ship like those of Hurtigruten, which allows about two hours ashore on each day in Antarctica They are exceptional, and even the food is good.

Becky and Ron

Search under Antarctica and South America threads under Ports of Call. Plenty of Info.

We are booked on that same Infinity Cruise. Big ships to Antarctica are relatively new and I wont start a thread war on the merits of large vs small ships. We like the M Class ships and not able to bound about in the zodiacs.

Thank you all for the info!

I have looked into big ship vs. small ship - Hurtigruten's MS Fram looks quite nice, but I do prefer a larger ship, though I understand the tradeoff there is no landings ashore.

I'll also have a look at some Azamara Journey reviews - I wasn't aware they even went down that way!

Archived