Seabourn Legend honeymoon for us, early 30s?

First in Class

Dear Seabourn aficionados,

Ms First in Class & I are planning our honeymoon for late 2005/early 2006, and a Seabourn cruise, about 7 days, very much interests us.

I have a couple of questions:

-How is the Seabourn Legend?

-We're new to Seabourn. Are there any programs we should signup for in advance, or should we seek referrals from those in the Club so we gain a shipboard credit? Are there any other discounts we should consider?

-Would such a credit apply even if we were successful in getting a very good, discounted rate for the fare?

Any other advice would be welcomed. We're in our late 20s/early 30s, and were pleased to read the encouraging writeup from lillotis on her very enjoyable honeymoon as someone on the younger end of the Seabourn age spectrum.

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights!

-First in Class

First in Class,

You will absolutely love the Seabourn way of life. All three ships are the same with very minor differences.

As far as the shipboard credit; are you speaking of the Seabourn by Invitation guest referral program?

If thats the case it is applicable with discounted rates (except group rates).

It is also not combineable with any other shipboard credits (Amex Platinum for example).

Have a friend refer you and you will get the 500.00 credit for your suite. It is one credit per suite.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals.

mcboo:):):)

I will continue my post very soon- but I just cannot say enough wonderful things about our honeymoon on Seabourn!!! I could not imagine a better honeymoon anywhere else. We had no desire to even get off the ship- we were so content with what the ship had to offer for us. I am 29 and my husband is 30- and some of our closest friends we met are more than twice our age- and this did not matter at all. The crowd on these shoips is so fun, down to earth, and appreciates a lot of the finer thinngs in life- that we also appreciate. You will not be dissapointed if you go this route for your honeymoon. We also spent 3 nights in Barbados at the end- but it did not compare to our time onboard. It was so annoying to actually have to pay for things!

We got the $300 credit via AMEX platinum.

Thank you for your thoughts and answers to my questions!

If you have any more insights, please post them!

Thanks, again,

First in Class

PS. I called Seabourn and was told the $500 onboard ship credit by being referred from a Seabourn Club member has been SUSPENDED and the program is being revised.

PPS. I did find out that because my fiancee has been on other cruiselines also owned by Carnival, we do qualify for the 50% discounts on selected sailings offered to Seabourn Club members.

My family(wife an 30 year old daughter) returned from a great 7 days on the Italian Riveria three weeks ago. It was a fabulous week--our daughter had a ball--we have sailed with honeymooners in the past--we even had a wedding on board on one trip. I think you will have a great honeymoon on the Legend. I know Capt Geir-Arne Thue-Nilsen will make it super special for you. Capt Nilsen has a website and posts pictures of current cruise activities http://www.captain-ga.com. You can see whats going on today on the Legend. If the cute girl in the kayak is still on--thats our daughter!

Archived