river tubing

New Cruiser 13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are looking at booking this tour. We are just wondering how long the actual river tubing takes. Thanks for your help:)

Beth

Hello, I was wondering this exact same thing. If you've ever river tubed in Grenada can you please post how much time you actually spent tubing down the river?

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know any private companies to use? I talked to Randal at Adventure River Tubing and he told me to book through the cruise ship. Royal Caribbean does not use them and Royal's weight restriction is 230 lbs, which i am too heavy for and thus cannot book. As a result, I need a private company that can take me. Randal at Adventure told me they could, but I cannot book this either as this is not Royal's excursion company. I need a private tour company. Any info is helpfull.

Thanks

Does anyone know any private companies to use? I talked to Randal at Adventure River Tubing and he told me to book through the cruise ship. Royal Caribbean does not use them and Royal's weight restriction is 230 lbs, which i am too heavy for and thus cannot book. As a result, I need a private company that can take me. Randal at Adventure told me they could, but I cannot book this either as this is not Royal's excursion company. I need a private tour company. Any info is helpfull.

Thanks

Same here, we were wanting to book this...we did the Cave tubing in Belize and had a great time, thought this would be fun...I tried to book and ran into the weight restriction...there were no restrictions on our one in Belize...HELP!!?!?! :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick note on the river tubing experience. Felt is sounded better in the write up than the actual experience(booked via cruiseship). Felt that the river had been modified so greatly with moving of rock into little channels that the experience didnt feel natural. The group was large, you were constantly held up (for safety reason) to wait for additional tubers I just felt kind of lame to me. Even my kids felt the same way.

I just went on this excursion last week, and I have to agree, it really didn't live up to its billing to me or my family. We all agreed that it was our least favorite of all our experiences on this trip. It was okay, not horrible, but in retrospect I wish we had spent the day on the beach. The drive there was hair raising, and we had been to Dominica the day before and weren't half as frightened, it may be due to our driver. The river really did seem engineered too much for this specific purpose, and it was a "herd" being led through. The kids had more fun than the adults, but they, too, preferred every other excursion we went on. One note on the weight limit, many areas were shallow when we went, people got caught up on the rocks, I think that is the reason for the limit and if you are above it I think you will not enjoy this excursion at all.

Talk about conflicting reviews! Just when I think that this is a super choice for us, there are a few reviews in the thread where people hated this excursion.

Older posts I found said the splashing was incessant, in your face, putting contact lenses at high risk. Has this aspect of the tour changed at all?

Another mentioned their driver drinking alcohol at a "shop" stop and then continuing to drive them.

Some people say you are in the water for 20 mins, some have said an hour. ???

Everyone pretty much agrees the drive there is very curvy - is this a deal breaker for someone who can get motion sick, or is the scenery and tubing worth the dramamine?

I wonder if the crowd in the last post was due to school break? Maybe it will be less crowded in Feb?

Thanks for any current info you can give me. We will be in Grenada on Sun. Feb 2, 2010.

Mrs. BBuffalo,

I didn't mean to sound so negative, it wasn't horrible for me, just not as exciting as I thought, but the kids really enjoyed it. There is some various splashing, and one big splashing episode that went on quite awhile. I think the tubing part was closer to an hour than to 20 minutes, so it is about equal time to the drive there. Here are a couple of photos (If I do this right) to show you, as you can see fun is being had!

P1000597.JPG.jpg.8b5f2cd7fbc1a99b4a3e86c171dfee57.jpg

P1000616.JPG.jpg.f197fe5e6db582731e9cae746cd0c3e4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back. Here's my take on this....

We had fun. The kids that act as guides where great, and we liked their friendly

personalities and the feel of the activity.

The ride was fun... not exactly and E-ticket ride, but the river water levels get lower

in the dry season, and your speed is dependent on water levels. River tubing is

like this no matter where you go.

If you go in expecting a simple little activity for the afternoon then you will be

pleased. I was worn-out between Dominica and Bonaire and needed an easy

day.. so it worked great for us.

Glad they splashed us, it was hot. And the splashing felt good and was fun.

(We laughed when the prissy lady with freshly done hair and make-up didn't

want to get her shoes wet)... the 12 kids who act as guides and help keep you off the rocks

have a playful child-like attitude and you are going to get wet. :D

If you wear contact lens, you might have a small problem... maybe wear goggles?

It felt like 30 minutes of actual river time. A bit too short. But the drive was very

interesting... basically a tour of the island. ( I even snapped a photo of a monkey

as we drove by)

RubyPrincess20101072small.jpg

RubyPrincess20101056.jpg

Archived