Royal Caribbean Alaska Sailaway party

berly369

I have fond memories of sailaway parties in the Caribbean and Hawaii with RCL. For those who have sailed from Vancouver to Alaska with Royal Caribbean, what are the sail aways like?? In Hawaii we had a party every time we left port, does this happen in Alaska also?:confused:

If the weather is nice, they will have a sailaway party on deck like they normally do. You'll want to make sure you're up there as you sail under the Lion's Gate Bridge.. lots of people will be standing on the bridge and along the shore at Stanley Park yelling and waving to you... enjoy!

There was one when we left Vancouver on Radiance - but the weather was good and sailaway was around 5. When we left Seward, sailaway was at 9pm and it was getting dark and chilly. so there was no party.

Be prepared to spend some time out on deck to enjoy the scenery after the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver - it's great.

Sailing from Seward on the Radiance southbound this past Sept. there was no party. We sailed at 8pm, and while there was no band, etc., the decks were full, as Seward is a beautiful place to sail from!

Thank you everyone for you quick replys, I kinda thought the sail away parties may be weather dependant. I have sailed under the Lions Gate Bridge before and it's fun to wave to everyone on the bridge and around Stanley Park.

Archived