What are the things you love MOST about a Carnival cruise?

skay

Carnival is a great value for families. Also, there is something for everyone in the family. You know what they say, momma's happy when everybody's happy.
Our neighbor has a wooden sign on his lawn: "When momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy. When poppa ain't happy...ain't nobody cares." :cool:

Experienced and recent cruisers alike -- here's your shot to win Cheerleader Of The Year honors, so don't hold back!

I have been on three RCI cruises and I am booked on my first Carnival this November. I keep hearing about the price thing and I would like to say this. If not for the low prices on carnival my only cruise this year would be down the Truckee river in my 8 foot personal rubber cruise ship.

I have been on three RCI cruises and I am booked on my first Carnival this November. I keep hearing about the price thing and I would like to say this. If not for the low prices on carnival my only cruise this year would be down the Truckee river in my 8 foot personal rubber cruise ship.
Well, out of Baltimore, RCCL and Celebrity each had some comparable cruises at more or less comparable prices, but we chose the Carnival cruise instead; not solely for price -- departure dates factored in as well.

Experienced and recent cruisers alike -- here's your shot to win Cheerleader Of The Year honors, so don't hold back!

No need to be a cheerleader... the facts speak for themselves. Carnival consistently wins awards for the best entertainment at sea and for the best non-specialty dining food as well.

I just got off the Carnival Fantasy for the John Heald's Bloggers Cruise. We had seven members of the press with us. They all specialized in cruising and all agreed about the food and entertainment.

For me, I'd have to add the crew and staff. Simply walking about the ship you're constantly impressed by smiles, good mornings, hellos and warmth.

Yeah... for me it's the crew and staff...

In no particular order

The crew. We really enjoy meeting them and getting to know a little bit about them and where they come from. Some of them have the most interesting stories and backgrounds.

The food!! Lots of it, and it's all good!

Just being at sea. The ocean revitalizes my soul.

No cooking, cleaning, work, meetings, email, phone calls.......total escape.

Lots of different things to do. My DD calls it "never ending fun"!!

And the winner is...

Chocolate melting cake

Affordability

Relaxed atmosphere

Not at work

Incredible food

Variety of activity/entertainment

Awakening late

Location, location, location (ports)

Carnival cabins are large .I love that

Great balconies

Fun food -really enjoyed food on all ships -last one was Miracle

Great itineraries WE are going on Victory

Shows on Miracle were GREAt love the BEATLES show

Hope to enjoy Victory as much

Cannot wait to board again .If it as good as I hope we will do it again in summer with hubby

For us, affordability certainly plays into our decision to cruise Carnival.

I'd have to have some hard core empirical evidence that Oceania, Seaborne or even Disney were leaps and bounds above Carnival for me to pay their prices. I know the alcohol is included on two of those examples, but for Pete's sake...if you drank the difference in price, you couldn't possibly enjoy the cruise, right? :eek:

Next, I'd say we've had consistently good food on Carnival. On RCI, and yes, even Celebrity, it's been more hit and miss. Can anyone name a dessert better than the chocolate melting cake?!?! LOL

We also like that their staterooms are bigger than a closet. We had our first adjoining cabins on last year's Glory cruise. Now, we've got four kids, folks...it can get crowded!! But, when we'd open the adjoining doors, it was actually quite comfy. We never felt crowded and loved having two showers, 2 TV's, etc... But, if we'd been on any other line, the size of their cabins wouldn't have made that experience nearly as enjoyable.

Lastly, we actually enjoy a little singing and dancing in the MDR. It lightens the mood a little and brings a little fun to a formal evening that can get stuffy, quickly, on other lines. I LOVE that Carnival passengers seem to get that what someone else is wearing really isn't their personal business nor does it have to adversely affect their cruising experience. :D

I don't quite know how to explain this one, but for me it's the FEELING. I feel like I belong, I'm welcomed, I'm part of an extended family. Been on 2 other cruise lines and they were OK, but that FEELING just wasn't there !! If Carnival could bottle that feeling they'd really make a fortune. Oh, yeah, and the "Kiss on the Lips"....to them I am totally addicted...even to the point of carrying the recipe around with me, trying to get bartenders to duplicate that taste...(some are good, but just not quite the same).

I've cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney. Disney is in a class by itself for me because I have a 6yo and a 3yo, and nothing beats Disney for cruising with kidlets.

Were it just me, I'd never cruise anything but Carnival again. I *loved* DCL, but it's not worth the difference in price.

I can compare Carnival and Royal Caribbean directly, having sailed both for the same itinerary. Carnival had better food, better cabins, better bedding, better comedians, better piano bar, better shops, better activities, and better service overall. Really, it's a landslide. The only way RCI topped Carnival for me was stronger drinks and faster room service... EVERYTHING else was better on Carnival.

I love Carnival. :)

Ok the things I like best ab Carnival

1. they are truly the fun ships. I'm 25 and can always find something to interest me
  2. My PVP her name is Yari and she's is the best
  3. Love the itineraries.
  4. Kiss on the Lips its the best drink ever esp when you add a shot of vodka to it:rolleyes: lol
  5. The ppl everyone is fun loving a down to earth esp the staff

6. the beds are awesome
  7. rooms are very spacious (OV and Bal I'm sailing in my fist suite in Nov yay:D)
  8. The Asian stir fry that you assemble yourself then the guys makes it
  9. OMG the lobster in the Supper Club love everything ab the supper clubs
  10. The mini golf is great

OMG I'm a walking Carnival Commercial haha:D:D:D!!!!

I've cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney. Disney is in a class by itself for me because I have a 6yo and a 3yo, and nothing beats Disney for cruising with kidlets.

Were it just me, I'd never cruise anything but Carnival again. I *loved* DCL, but it's not worth the difference in price.

We did Disney twice. The second was just a repeat of the first. Disney is a cruise with an extra layer of EVERYTHING DISNEY.

And yes, you pay the Disney prices for it.

Archived