New food offerings on the Ruby

florida72

My wife and I are getting on the 3/14/09 Ruby cruise and the last time we cruised a Princess line, back in 11/08, we heard rumors that they would begin to offer waffles and lemonade in 2009. Has anyone tried these and if so what's your opinion? Is it worth the wait?

My wife and I are getting on the 3/14/09 Ruby cruise and the last time we cruised a Princess line, back in 11/08, we heard rumors that they would begin to offer waffles and lemonade in 2009. Has anyone tried these and if so what's your opinion? Is it worth the wait?

Not from the Ruby, but on our Grand Cruise last month. Waffles were good, but way too far away from the buffet area. They were served where pizza by the pool was located, which is two pools away from the buffet area. So, if you only want waffles for breakfast, they are good. But if you would like more with it, you either have to carry your waffles to the buffet (by that time they are cold), or you carry your food to the waffles, and wait for them to prepare them, while the other food gets cold.

So, waffles were good, to answer your question, just not convienent.

Lemonade we had to ask for, so make sure if you ask one of the staff as they pass by and they will get it for you. ;) Enjoy!

The waffles are there; made at the pizza station. I never saw anyone waiting. Lemonade is available, but you have to ask for it. No self serve machine.

Not from the Ruby, but on our Grand Cruise last month. Waffles were good, but way too far away from the buffet area. They were served where pizza by the pool was located, which is two pools away from the buffet area. So, if you only want waffles for breakfast, they are good. But if you would like more with it, you either have to carry your waffles to the buffet (by that time they are cold), or you carry your food to the waffles, and wait for them to prepare them, while the other food gets cold.

So, waffles were good, to answer your question, just not convienent.

Lemonade we had to ask for, so make sure if you ask one of the staff as they pass by and they will get it for you. ;) Enjoy!

Sure hope the Lemonade is on the Island too.....save me the cost of a soda card or 2 :D

They had waffles on the Ruby the other week in the Horizon buffet in the mornings & again at 3:30 in the afternoon. Also ice cream at 3:30 in the afternoon only. Lemonade was available but had to be requested, as on all the other ships. I wish they would install the self serve dispensers.

They had waffles on the Ruby the other week in the Horizon buffet in the mornings & again at 3:30 in the afternoon. Also ice cream at 3:30 in the afternoon only. Lemonade was available but had to be requested, as on all the other ships. I wish they would install the self serve dispensers.

Betcha' they don't. It can be available, but only for those who know about it.

On the Ruby now and Lemonade is only available in the Horizon Court during lunch and dinner. We were told on several occasions it was not available during breakfast (just juice) and not available on the open decks. It's also not very convenient since the waiters have to go to a special area to get the lemonade which means your food is cold before they can deliver.

It's very good Lemonade though. :D

Archived