door sign

tgray69

what do you put on your door sign so you can your cabin?

is it ok to put name or just decorate it?

I have decorated my cabin door on several of my cruises. I have used double stick tape, or just regular scotch tape, as needed. When my daughter and I sailed on the Conquest over the 4th of July back in 2007, it was easy to decorate for that. I would say not to put anything of value on your door because it could be stolen. I've never had that happen, but it IS a possibility!:( If you aren't cruising over a specific holiday, a party store is a great place to find "tropical" things to decorate your door with!

When we took our granddaughters on their first cruise I put the same thing I had printed on the tee shirts I ordered for them.....

BOSTON TO THE CARIBBEAN..along with the name of the ship, the date and their names. It remained where I put it for the entire week and then they took it home to make it the first page of their scrapbook.

I HAVE had my door sign ripped down so I always make a duplicate and just toss it when we get back.

Some times I try to use the name of the ship on the sign....one time it was

"Bahama Fantasy" but it isn't always doable. It may be corny, but I have fun with it and people in the same corridor have thanked me because it makes it easier to find their cabin.

This was our door on the Conquest.... (created with stickers and poster board)

DSCN5125-2.jpg

This was our friend's door on the same cruise.....

DSCN5151-2.jpg

It's a lot of fun to decorate and makes a world of difference when finding your room!

We decorated for my mother's birthday! She LOVED it! We had such a great time making it. I'm not very creative:( I have attached the photo on her door. We used the blue 3M painters tape. We did not want to leave ANY damage.

If you scroll down to the FLOATAWAY LOUNGE board (close to the bottom) you will see some very cute ideas!

Have fun decorating!

Glory_0116.jpg.53cc035a1bd9bac13501830cfb4c42c0.jpg

We have been cruising during Spring Break for the last several years (we have a DS so have to cruise during his breaks from school). Since that is usually Easter time, I always tape a big cutout Bunny to our cabin door. I too have been thanked by my cabin neighbors for making it easy for them to find their cabins too!:D

Archived