Shared Balcony on Liberty #7201

Yancey_Elsa

We are cruising on the Liberty and our friends booked a cabin on the express deck. The agent told them that it is a shared balcony but that there is a door that goes out to the balcony from the room. We looked at the deckplan and it says that those rooms are interior. Has anyone had any experience with these cabins? Or has anyone been in this cabin?

We are cruising on the Liberty and our friends booked a cabin on the express deck. The agent told them that it is a shared balcony but that there is a door that goes out to the balcony from the room. We looked at the deckplan and it says that those rooms are interior. Has anyone had any experience with these cabins? Or has anyone been in this cabin?

Before I begin my response let me preceed it with 9/20/08 was my first Carnival cruise and we LOVED IT!!!!!:D If the price was 50% more it would have been still worth it.

We stayed in that exact same cabin 7201. It is a ocean view class, not interior. It is all the way forward, and the shared balcony is total BULL, that is the deck of the ship. It did not get much traffic while we were on board, but to call it a shared balcony is total deception.:eek: You have plenty of time to change cabins, and please do (you will enjoy your trip a whole lot more). I was very leary of taking the cabin because I read in a review that it was a small cabin. I called Carnival directly atleast 3 times to question the size of the room, and (not sure if it was on purpose or not) boy did they give me wrong information. I was told that it was the regular size oceanview room (I think they said 220sq ft), WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!! My cousin had a balcony room (which is suppose to be smaller than a oceanview because the balcony takes away sq footage from the room) but his room was WAY bigger than 7201. I was so furious when I first saw the room, I thought I was going to black out from my rise in blood pressure. I planned on all of the letters and phone calls to complain about the room once the cruise was over, but we had such a good time:D I said forget it and just chaulk it up to experiance.

Also being all the way forward (all the way rearward also) you feel more of the ships motion. That can be a big deal if the weather gets rough.

During the period of writing this I peeked at the CCL website and it looks like they changed the cabin from oceanview to interior, although there is a very big window behind the bed.

Please listen to me and get a oceanview at the very least, unless of course you enjoy being crammed.:rolleyes:

Thank you for your review. I just sent a text to my friends about your review of the room and told her that she might want to check it out. She has cruised before but this will be her boyfriend's first cruise. We don't want to scare him if the water gets rough.

How do you get to the "shared balcony?"

Do you have any pictures?

Thank you for your review. I just sent a text to my friends about your review of the room and told her that she might want to check it out. She has cruised before but this will be her boyfriend's first cruise. We don't want to scare him if the water gets rough.

How do you get to the "shared balcony?"

Do you have any pictures?

Soory no pics, I did not want to remember that part of the trip.:)

At the end of each hallway there is a door (that anyone on the ship can use) that leads to the ships deck ohh sorry shared balcony. LOL

The ship has forward observation decks on decks 6,7,9 and 10. These decks are open to the public. They are accessible from double doors in the hallway. As described they are not in any way "shared balconies". They are public spaces. If you book 7201 and you do not keep the curtain closed anyone can look into your cabin. At night you will be required to keep the curtain closed to reduce glare on the bridge.

If you do a search for "secret doors" you will find a ton of threads about these observation decks.

The ship has forward observation decks on decks 6,7,9 and 10. These decks are open to the public. They are accessible from double doors in the hallway. As described they are not in any way "shared balconies". They are public spaces. If you book 7201 and you do not keep the curtain closed anyone can look into your cabin. At night you will be required to keep the curtain closed to reduce glare on the bridge.

If you do a search for "secret doors" you will find a ton of threads about these observation decks.

What about the true balcony cabins in the front of the shift on the starboard and port sides, i.e. rooms 7207, 7208, 7211, 7212, etc. do you need to close the curtains too?

Our friends had one of those cabins on the Liberty but on deck 9. We were right down the hall so we used that "shared balcony" too. Everyone else is right. It's just a public deck with access near those cabins. There wasn't even any furniture out there so it's not like you could sit out there. When the ship is moving it's terribly windy out there anyway. One night we went out there and were just cracking up because the wind was so ridiculous. We could barely even open the door to go out there. You could lean way over into the wind and not fall. Our friend's were happy with their cabin tho. It was a handicap cabin and that's what they needed. There was a window facing the deck so they did have to keep the curtains closed but like I said, they booked it because it was handicap accessible, no other reason.

Thank you all for your responses. I forwarded the information to my friend and she is going to see if she can upgrade to another cabin later. I am on the same deck as her but our cabin is at the other end of the ship.

I have never had a cabin right in the front like that but I have had one on the Lido deck. How rough does that cabin get?

I called Carnival 3 times today, and 0 progress. Although I had a great time on the Liberty, I paid for a 6B 220sq ft cabin and did not get that. They now list that room as a 4G and will not admit that it is not 220sq ft (it is actually less than 180 sq ft). All that I asked for was an onboard credit or a future cruise credit, I did not even demand any amount. All that I want is some kind of consideration. All they could do is insist that the room was 220sq ft. I told them that I do not care what their paper says I stayed in that room and it is in no way close to that. We ended with they will pass the complaint along and I will hear back from them. Great way to go Guest Relations. Maybe all of the previous guest of these bogus rooms that also got mislead and taken advantage of should call and complain also.:mad:

Did you actually measure the room? I have a standard balcony cabin. Is 7201 a lot smaller than my cabin?

7201 is smaller than a balcony cabin and a balcony cabin is suppose to be 185sq ft. I did not actually measure because I did not have a tape measure. Once you enter the room narrow hall closet on right bathroom on left then frig on right desk and chair on left and then the bed (barely any room on either side of bed). THAT IS ALL!!! I am thinking CCL changed the room from a 6B to a 4G because of complaints.

Archived