Question about NCL

flcoachgirl

Hi everyone!

My family and I are traveling on the Sky in June and this is our 1st time cruising with NCL. I heard that juice is not included in the price with tea, coffee & etc. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I just want to be prepared! Thanks.:)

Hi everyone!

My family and I are traveling on the Sky in June and this is our 1st time cruising with NCL. I heard that juice is not included in the price with tea, coffee & etc. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I just want to be prepared! Thanks.:)

Juice is included but it is only available at breakfast.

I've been going through this "issue" myself for a while now.

I take my first cruise in August on the Star and have children that do NOT drink soda. (They don't like bubbles.) Anyway, they are left with water, unsweetened iced tea and milk as choices!! (Go figure -- with the number of kids they have on these cruises, you'd think they'd get a COUPLE of other drink options, huh?)

We have been trying a lot of the different powdered, single-serve stuff because they're small, light and easy to pack. The problem is that MOST of these ready-to-mix packets are sugar free, and it's a funny taste for them. (Along with the fact I don't like using artificial sweeteners instead of the real thing! uck) So, if we don't find anything pleasing to their taste, we will have to lug 12-packs of Brisk (lemon tea) and a few bottles of Gatorade, or CapriSun with us. I was hoping not to have to schlep all this along since we're coming all the way across the US.

Unfortunately, drinks have been my biggest issue to plan for.

Hi everyone!

If you are big juice drinkers I would take it with you. the buffet will have 2 or 3 kinds each morning and the dining room offers a bigger selection. I don't know of many lines that offers juice all day if that is what you are thinking. Carnival does at lunch..

NIta

I've been going through this "issue" myself for a while now.

I take my first cruise in August on the Star and have children that do NOT drink soda. (They don't like bubbles.) Anyway, they are left with water, unsweetened iced tea and milk as choices!! (Go figure -- with the number of kids they have on these cruises, you'd think they'd get a COUPLE of other drink options, huh?)

We have been trying a lot of the different powdered, single-serve stuff because they're small, light and easy to pack. The problem is that MOST of these ready-to-mix packets are sugar free, and it's a funny taste for them. (Along with the fact I don't like using artificial sweeteners instead of the real thing! uck) So, if we don't find anything pleasing to their taste, we will have to lug 12-packs of Brisk (lemon tea) and a few bottles of Gatorade, or CapriSun with us. I was hoping not to have to schlep all this along since we're coming all the way across the US.

Unfortunately, drinks have been my biggest issue to plan for.

I had that same issue exactly! I found Kool-Aid (I don't serve it at home but...) and Ocean Spray packets. There was gator-ade G2 but that has artificial sweetener so I passed on it. You could also buy regular gatorade mix (not in packets) and mix with water on the cruise. Lighter and takes up less room in the luggage!

Does NCL have lemonade.....it used to years ago and was available all day? I find it hard for myself as an adult because I like caffiene-free drinks....and try to stay away from soda. Usually on a cruise I make a mix of lemonade and the ice tea. I may bring aboard some sparkling water.....dont want to drink beer and fruity drinks all day.

I brought Kool Aid Singles, and they worked out well. They're not sugar free, and not too much bigger than the Crystal Light singles. I'm not a big fan of Kool Aid, but I'm even LESS of a fan of fake sweeteners. LOL!

Another option is to fill a water bottle with apple juice at breakfast (choices are apple, orange or cranberry). Please fill from a glass, though... for everyone's health, don't put the bottle up to the nozzle! ;)

(next time, I'm bringing a funnel. I made such a mess... thank goodness only with water. LOL)

Archived