Back from first cruise N906!

mrssoexcited

My hubby and I just returned today from our first cruise and had the most wonderful time. We left rainy nasty Sydney last Saturday, flew into rainy nasty Brisbane and joined the queue in the drizzle with all the other excited passengers to join Pacific Sun - 50 minutes later and we were on board! and then the rain stopped - providence! We had bumpy seas, and lots of people struggling with sea sickness that first night and next day, but we were fine. The weather was hot and sunny, but the rhythm of the ship made the water in the pools slide back and forth and crash out of the pool, so we werent allowed to swim. Monday we arrived at Noumea at 3.00 and most people went on tours - we did the city highlights which was informative and then wandered through town. We left at 11.00 and sailed to Lifou where we arrived at 8.00. Unfortunately, a tropical cyclone had also arrived and the island was under Orange Cyclone alert. As it is an island where they use a tender to land, the captain determined it was too dangerous and we had to leave Lifou behind and sail to Port Vila, where we arrived at 9.00 that night, instead of the expected 9.00 the next morning. The weather here was perfect and we had the best day. Bought lots of cheap souvenirs from the markets on the dock, then went into town. We took the Dream Cove Sail & Snorkel tour which was a 60' yacht sail out to a cove, where we snorkeled and went for a rainforest tour. Wonderful day. Back on board, time to head home - we had great weather for the rest of the trip too, plenty of time to lay on deck chairs and soak up the rays, and swim in the pools. The food was terrific, and plenty of variety - we preferred the buffet to the dining rooms because you got more choices! The entertainment had plenty on offer, and again lots of variety, we weren't interested in some of them, but found plenty we did. The shows were cheesy, but fun to sing along with (except for the Tahitian show which was performed by locals from Noumea - they need a lot more rehearsal on that one!:eek:) Bingo was great, the final jackpot went for $5930 (not us unfortunately!):( So today back to rainy nasty Brisbane, and flew down to rainy nasty Sydney, just as we left them.

As all of you told me, we would be hooked and you are right, we are addicted! Now we are working out where to go next time. :D

Well welcome to the group of cruise addicts. It is definitely addictive. Where else can you go on holiday to different places in the world and have your accommodation, food, entertainment and have fun at the same time;).

No doubt you will have another cruise in the planning soon.

I went on my first cruise in January this year. I had been wanting to go for over 10 years. I loved it so much that I'm now booked for my next cruise in July this year and am even looking at booking for March next year. Yes, it is addictive and I am hooked.

Cruising is the way to holiday, that's for sure.

Chris (I should change my name from first.time.cruiser)

Hi Mrssoexcited, I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise, I don't think I have ever read any first timer NOT coming back totally into cruising. The weather bit is just part and parcel of any holiday. How do you plan a second cruise ?! !, there are soooo many choices!! suppose that's what they say here the excitement of the planning. Anyway welcome back.

I was on the same cruise, we had an absolute blast, I'm definately hooked!!

Mangomonkey, what a shame you didnt realise there was a roll call for this cruise - we might have been able to catch up with each other on board - there was one other first timer also on the roll call, Issas from Qld - I knew which cabin she and her family were in so I wrote a note to her and pushed it under the door so we could meet up. Unfortunately, I had a dyslexic moment and instead of room 186, I went to 168, so the people who got my letter must have been very confused!!:o Needless to say, with 1900 people, I never did get to meet Issas and her family!! What were your highlights/ lowlights of the cruise?

Karen

Welcome back N906 Cruisers. To all the 1st timers I hope you all had a ball. Missing a stop is always on the cards with cruising but from what I have read, you took it in your stride. Well done. Now to choose the next one if you haven't already. Hope others do a review. I love to read everyones impressions of their cruise. Suexxx

Archived