car seat for toddler in Vancouver?

figgy3

A great question....had me stumped for a bit but I have found the relevant regualtion and children in taxis are exempted from using car seats in the Province of British Columbia. That said you may want to check with your airline...some are requirng children to a certain age who sitting in a seat to have a carseat.

We have travelled by cab a number of times with our toddler and never been required to have a car seat - as Putterdude says, cabs are exempt from the law. As for on the flight, if your airline does require a carseat, you need to check the kind it allows, as some airlines only allow certain approved seats.

Can't speak for cabs in vancouver - but a blanket that cabs are exempt from the law doesn't necessarily apply.

I know that in Miami - the cab driver would not take us until se had our toddler secured into his car seat. The drivers are responsible for any safety belt/seat violations and do not want to pay the fine or have the violation on their records.

Of course this is my experience in the states - it may very well be different in Canada.

Thank you for your responses. She's under two so doesn't need a car seat (or paying seat ) on the plane, but I wasn't sure what the regs were for the cabs. Cruise line (Princess) says she doesn't need it for any of their transfers either.

Archived