Labadee: Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise?

philamike

Hi -- I'm sailing on Celebrity Solstice in March, and this excursion is listed for Labadee:

Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise

Welcome aboard the "Buccaneer" for scenic views of Haiti's picturesque landscapes. Enjoy a 1-1/2 hour narrated cruise along this spectacular coastline and learn of this country's rich cultural history. Refreshments will be available onboard to purchase.

I can't seem to find anything about this excursion, and I'd swear I didn't see it listed in the online guide last week -- is it something new? I'm wondering what kind of boat is used for the excursion.

- Mike :-)

We're cruising with RCCL and that is also listed with their excursions. It sounds very interesting. I also didn't notice it when I first started looking at excursions. I think we are going to book it. We don't sail until May so if you go, report back how you liked it. Have fun!!

We're cruising with RCCL and that is also listed with their excursions. It sounds very interesting. I also didn't notice it when I first started looking at excursions. I think we are going to book it. We don't sail until May so if you go, report back how you liked it. Have fun!!

My friends and I decided to do the Thriller Powerboat excursion instead. But I'll keep an eye out for the "Buccaneer" and hopefully chat with someone who went on it, and post a reply!

My first time to hear of this excursion, but I would take it in a heartbeat. It sounds very interesting to me. I love Labadee, but it would be fun to do something a little different than we have done in the past. I hope Royal Caribbean ships will offer this same excursion too.

By the way, have a great time on Solstcie. I thought that was just the most gorgeous ship.

My first time to hear of this excursion, but I would take it in a heartbeat. It sounds very interesting to me. I love Labadee, but it would be fun to do something a little different than we have done in the past. I hope Royal Caribbean ships will offer this same excursion too.

By the way, have a great time on Solstcie. I thought that was just the most gorgeous ship.

FYI - I have it booked with Royal Caribbean.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, all -- I saw the Buccaneer boat on the dock at Labadee and managed to snap a photo of it.

I did the Thriller Powerboat Tour, which was excellent -- the boat stopped several times during the tour and the local guide told us about the villages, farming, charcoal production, etc., which we could see along the coast. We passed the Buccaneer at one point -- my guess is that they give a similar tour as the Thriller, but slower and more in-depth. (I didn't talk to anyone who did the Buccaneer tour, though.)

I'd say that either tour is a great way to learn a bit about Haiti and the people who make their living working off the land and sea.

buccaneer.jpg

Archived