Indy with 13 month old questions???

lilrere

OK so I have been addicted to reading all the great info on CC since we booked our cruise a couple of months ago but I still have a few questions so PLEASE help me! :)One should I bring my own towels for baby? He has not had sensitive skin but I have never used any detergent other than Dreft. Two we had decided to go against what most suggest and take our Graco metro lite stroller instead of Umbrella simply because he does better in it and it reclines and has a much better shade and it is really light weight but will it be a problem in hallways and getting off ship? Third do they have applesauce? He has 4 teeth now so he is not eating alot of solid food but he is starting to eat more and we were hoping to pack just the basics! Also what type of highchairs do they have? Do they have trays or are they the typical restaurant style? We also decided no carseat after much debate and research but we are still looking into the portable seats. Do diapers go in a trash can in room or where? I am a lil nervous :eek: but really excited and ready to start packing we leave in 23 days so any suggestions would be great! :D

I took my twins on their first cruise when they were 13 months. Others may disagree, but in my opinion, I think travel has made them more versatile. So though I used Baby Oxyclean for them at home and organic whole milk etc., etc., when we're travelling, all bets are off. Even if you brought your own towels, you'd have to wash/dry them yourself somehow...I bet your child will be fine with the ship's towels (and one of my girls has sensitive skin, but has never had a problem when we travel).

There is also plenty for 13 month olds to eat on board. My girls had SO much fun trying new things (which one of them won't do now that she's 4 and knows everything :(). Soups, mashed potatoes, pasta, steamed veggies, oatmeal, yogurt...etc. I had a case of baby food in my cabin and didn't open one jar.

I brought the small scented trash bags for diapers.

I'm a big believer in bringing the most comfortable stroller you have. Yes, the hallway can be difficult, but not impossible and it's not that big a hassle. (If possible, book a cabin near the elevators). Our last cruise we were at the end of the hall and I still was able to use my huge Graco DuoGlider. Just here and there I'd have to move a room steward's cart - not a big deal.

Can't answer about the high chairs - but it's another situation where I just go with the flow and use whatever they have.

Have a great time - our first cruise at 13 months was so fanstatic that we've been hooked ever since - and it just keeps getting better and better.

Best,

Mia

I took my twins on their first cruise when they were 13 months. Others may disagree' date=' but in my opinion, I think travel has made them more versatile. So though I used Baby Oxyclean for them at home and organic whole milk etc., etc., when we're travelling, all bets are off. Even if you brought your own towels, you'd have to wash/dry them yourself somehow...I bet your child will be fine with the ship's towels (and one of my girls has sensitive skin, but has never had a problem when we travel).

There is also plenty for 13 month olds to eat on board. My girls had SO much fun trying new things (which one of them won't do now that she's 4 and knows everything :(). Soups, mashed potatoes, pasta, steamed veggies, oatmeal, yogurt...etc. I had a case of baby food in my cabin and didn't open one jar.

I brought the small scented trash bags for diapers.

I'm a big believer in bringing the most comfortable stroller you have. Yes, the hallway can be difficult, but not impossible and it's not that big a hassle. (If possible, book a cabin near the elevators). Our last cruise we were at the end of the hall and I still was able to use my huge Graco DuoGlider. Just here and there I'd have to move a room steward's cart - not a big deal.

Can't answer about the high chairs - but it's another situation where I just go with the flow and use whatever they have.

Have a great time - our first cruise at 13 months was so fanstatic that we've been hooked ever since - and it just keeps getting better and better.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Thanks so much!!! We did book a cabin close to the elevator and yesterday my mom decided she wanted to come and be the nanny! Not like we didn't already have another set of grandparents an aunt plus 10 other adult cousins to help with the one child :D so I hope with all the help my hubby and I can have a few relaxing moments! We also lucked out and got moved to a handicap room that was not being used by a handicap person (they opened them up to everyone this week) so that should give us more room for a crib and now that we have 2 rooms I am alot less stressed about a cramped room!

Just a thought on the diapers... if you flush the solids, then throw away the diaper and wipes in a scented diaper trash bag (available at Wal Mart, Target, etc.), the the smell should be minimal to non-existent since they change the trash at least once a day. This is my plan... I'm hoping it works!!! :D ;) (My DS will be 14 months on our Freedom cruise.)

Just a thought on the diapers... if you flush the solids, then throw away the diaper and wipes in a scented diaper trash bag (available at Wal Mart, Target, etc.), the the smell should be minimal to non-existent since they change the trash at least once a day. This is my plan... I'm hoping it works!!! :D ;) (My DS will be 14 months on our Freedom cruise.)

They actually change the trash 2x a day (when you go to breakfast and when you go to dinner). I've never bothered with flushing...just put in one of those bags and put in the bathroom trash - not a problem.

Best,

Mia

They actually change the trash 2x a day (when you go to breakfast and when you go to dinner). I've never bothered with flushing...just put in one of those bags and put in the bathroom trash - not a problem.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

Wouldn't it be great if the trash in my own home was taken out twice a day?! :p;) From the sounds of your post, it seems that odor really isn't an issue. I'm hoping that's true!

I mentioned flushing the solids because technically you're not supposed to throw away diapers with solids in them - it's an environmental hazard. Shame on me - I often do it anyways, at least at this stage (breastfed baby doesn't really have solids yet), but it is helpful once they start on solids.

Archived