Silver CLoud 2009

avalon1025

:)Hi James,

How are you? I heard that the Cloud is still scheduled to go into DryDock in May but will not have as major a reno as the Wind just had. Supposedly, new furniture, carpets, decor but NO structural changes.

Only 139 days till Jay and I join the Wind. Can't wait to see her.

Are you still booked on the Shadow for December 2009?

Bon voyage and warm wishes,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?name=ScottToronto&date=7-18-2009&image=venice&text=Can

Hi Scott,

We just returned from 10 days on the Celebrity Constellation (we had a nice time even with three suite/cabin changes due to sewage problems!)

Booked on the Shadow in December, Cloud in March 2010 and Wind in Dec 2010. Next year is a Silversea kind of year! Can't wait to hear about the new vista we both will have sailed in by the end of 2010!

Thank you for the update on the Cloud. I've got a few suites worth of Silversea newbies that I want to have a top notch SS experience!

Hope you are well!

James

I was on the Cloud in July and she was in fine shape, no noticeable wear and tear, except for the rough towels.

The Whisper does have a better bathroom with two sinks and a separate shower and tub. If they're not doing structural changes, the bathrooms on Cloud will have to remain the same size, I imagine.

The Silver Cloud will still go in to drydock, but will not receive any major work. It was our intention to do the same work as just completed on the Silver Wind, but with the global economic downturn we had to take the difficult decision to postpone this work. As one of the posts above states, the ship is in good condition as she is now and is receiving excellent guest comment scores. The drydock is now scheduled to address the technical issues that ships need every so often as well as replacing some carpets as needed. The bathrooms, additional deck, new suites, flat panel TV's (which require a complete rebuiding of the cabinetry), etc. have all been postponed.

Steve Tucker

Vice President

National Accounts and Eastern Region Sales (The Americas)

Silversea

Archived