Norwegian EPIC'S profile revealed

[g]cruiserke

cruiserke;18427436']Check it out on http://www.f3.ncl.com/

"March 3' date=' 2009 - Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled the first images of its new 153,000-gross tons, 4,200-passenger Norwegian Epic, the company’s largest and most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship to date. Currently under construction at STX Europe in St. Nazaire, France, the contemporary, balcony-rich, 19-deck ship will be 1,068 feet long, 133 feet wide, with a draft of 28.5 feet when completed in May 2010. "

All 153,000 tons do appear to be "Gross."

Woah! Norwegian Epic looks UGLY! :eek: Who is her designer?????
Here's your chance/challenge. Design your own ship!

konfigurator.jpg

Create your own ship

Here you'll find our new ship configurator.

Design your own cruise vessel.

Different parameter as length or breadth can be changed.

Even the colour of your ship is selectable.

Only purchasing online will be possible later on... :-)

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=1&subs=0&did=1470

Sad thing about Epic is, if it weren't for that "hat" and those funnels, she would be a nice looking ship. She has a great looking bow and the rest of her superstructure is attractive.

Even a slight re-arrangement of the top above the bridge would help a little...

big_epic_profile_edited.jpg

Not only would that increase the number of suites above the bridge, it also provides some balance and helps offset the unusually high placement of two very small funnels.

You have done a fantastic job. I do hope you will send that to NCL immediately! Maybe there is still time to modify the design before this odd-looking ship takes to the water!

I think that NCL could have made the design slightly more attractive, but most importantly it's what things are like on the inside. If it is fun on the inside, who cares what the ship looks like? It makes it more distinctive I guess too.

Isn't there one cruise line, (Disney, I think), that had a functional smokestake and for design purposes, had another non-functioning stack.:confused:

The forward funnel on Disney's ships actually houses the teen club and an elevator to get there.

• 3 months later...
The structure they built up top that juts out is as strange as the hair on Donald Trump's head. :D

I'm still going to sail her someday. :p

Introducing the Godfather and Godmother for the Epic.......Drum roll please!

attackhair.0.0.0x0.375x523.jpeg

They are a perfect fugly match!

Well since NCL introduces The Ship with the Hat on the birthday of Dr. Seuss how about The Cat in the Hat for the hull art ? :D (see attachment)

Since there is already the Disney cruise and Nickelodeon cruise, how about the Dr. Seuss cruise ship? The curving staterooms and weird exterior design could fit a Dr. Seuss design. So in the Ice Bar NCL could offer you a fur made of Fox (faux fox?) with matching fuzzy Sox. Plus a specialty Whoville restaurant with a main entree of Who beast and dessert of Who pudding. Of course breakfast will be Green Eggs and Ham! :cool:

I really like this! I think I'll eat my Who pudding wearing my fuzzy Sox!

Here's your chance/challenge. Design your own ship!

konfigurator.jpg

Create your own ship

Here you'll find our new ship configurator.

Design your own cruise vessel.

Different parameter as length or breadth can be changed.

Even the colour of your ship is selectable.

Only purchasing online will be possible later on... :-)

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=1&subs=0&did=1470

That's cool!!! :D Too bad I can only change the length, width, heigth, and color. But, It's fun to play with! Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Ugliest ship ever. I can't believe they actual are building it.

I'm also disappointed that the abomination is a series of exclusive suites with their own pool. Multi-class ships went away in the 60s for a reason.

This is the only NCL ship I know of without a wrap around promenade. Not an option for walking or jogging.

NCL says they cater to families, yet all they advertise is food and entertainment. Sports and the pools are inadequate for a ship this size and pales in comparison to almost any current RCCL ship... although Princess has the best pool deck for swimming.

With the tough economy, and an oversupply of new builds coming online, the Epic may have a tough time helping NCL's bottom line. Best decision was canceling that second ship.

Archived