Anyone use captains club for upgrade on Azamara?

lubalouis

When I spoke with Azamara directly, they said we could upgrade within the same category, if we belonged to the Celebrity captains club. Our online, large booking company, agent said they would only honor Azamara captains club. (previous cruisers).

I'm thinking about cancelling with them and booking directly with Azamara.

;) Traveling on the Journey, May 16th.

I booked through a travel agent, gave her our Captains Club number, but did not get an upgrade. But then again, I wanted to be on a specific floor(for my sea sick prone husband) which was the lower category of the Veranda cabins.

When I spoke with Azamara directly, they said we could upgrade within the same category, if we belonged to the Celebrity captains club. Our online, large booking company, agent said they would only honor Azamara captains club. (previous cruisers).

To the best of my knowledge you can only join the Captains Club when you have completed your first sailing, and once you are a Captains Club member you get the perks either directly or via your TA, so in essence you should not need to rebook.

Which I think is slightly different to what you are saying.... I would check again with Azamara to make sure you are entitled to join the Captains Club, then let your TA know to save you the hassle of cancelling and rebooking.:)

I'm sorry but this is not correct! There is NO one-category upgrade on Azamara. This only applies to X only.

I'm sorry but this is not correct! There is NO one-category upgrade on Azamara. This only applies to X only.

Hi Albert !

Just to confirm, I checked Azamara's website, and the 1 category upgrade is not an Azamara benefit. As their ships are much smaller, and there arent many insides/outside cabins.... it would be difficult to offer the 1 category upgrade.

I don't think my original question was clear. I am a member of the Celebrity captain's club. I have an oceanview room, category 5. Azamara told me I could upgrade to category 4, as I'm a member of captain's club.

Online travel agency booking agent, said I can not? Has anyone been able to do this?

Also, if a balcony goes on sale, I'm wondering if the ta will let me change. Any experiences....probably depends on the agency from what I've read.

Journey May 16

I don't think my original question was clear. I am a member of the Celebrity captain's club. I have an oceanview room, category 5. Azamara told me I could upgrade to category 4, as I'm a member of captain's club.

Online travel agency booking agent, said I can not? Has anyone been able to do this?

Also, if a balcony goes on sale, I'm wondering if the ta will let me change. Any experiences....probably depends on the agency from what I've read.

Journey May 16

Yes, the question was clear -but the answer is still no - there is NO one category upgrade on Azamara whatsoever. The agent you spoke to was wrong.

Journey May 16

We are Captain Club with Celebrity and when I asked Azamara I was told there was no benefits until after 5 cruises.

Archived