Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I will post the weights tonight still waiting on a few more to come in.

Jon and Nikki, Jamie, and Twinrigger.....WHERE ARE YOU???

Scott....I am still waiting on you to post your trip report. Let us all know how you are doing.

Sorry - I've been too busy trying to plan another cruise :D. Hoping just the little lady and I can sneak off for a 5 day cruise while the kids are in HS (this winter or the following fall). Anniv #25/BD#50. DW definitely loved the cruise after many years of doing the mother thing waiting on kids left and right to all of a sudden being pampered for a whole week with no manditory chores other than waking up and walking to the dining room.

I did my post cruise weigh-in and came in at 166#. That puts me at plus 8# for the cruise. As you can tell I enjoyed the food on the cruise :o. Currently trying to plan a new goal with the main difference being my desire to decrease my body fat % while increasing lean muscle mass. I still need to do more study on this. I suspect my goal will be somewhere in the 160 - 165# range with a BFI of under 15%. I'm trying to set a goal that I can readily track.

When I got down to 158# I was purely concentrating on getting weight off. With all the stairs and jogging I was pleased with my leg strength, but did notice I lost some upper body muscle mass trying to lose so quick. I would be more than happy to trade a pound of fat of a pound of muscle anyday. Ideas on plans would be welcome.

The one thing I noticed more that anything else on the cruise was how bad my allergies have become. After just a couple days on the high seas away from pollens I realized how wonderful it was to be free of sinus problems. :) Then I came crashing back down to earth within a day of being home. :(

Scott

Well as busy and hectic as it was yesterday today is slow and boring.

I think all the activity of yesterday has all the patients worn out.

The fire alarms went off twice last night so they are trying to figure out what is causing the short it in alarm system.

Thank God I brought my lap top today to keep me busy.:)

I am having a rough day as far as eating I am really hungry today and nothing seems to satisfy my taste buds......they probably want something un-healthy and fattening....I hope they don't win.:(

I didn't make it to the Y this morning because of the work load here but plan on trying to do some kind of exercise at home.

Check in on you all later.

I am getting ready to prepare my eldest birthday party. She turned 20 last Wednesday. She is a grown up now, but she is still a little lady... She is 5'3" talll only. We are having a very nice meal for the occasion. I'll talk about it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I didn't do any exercises after all; my neck was in too much pain. Maybe tomorrow...

Have a nice evening 11_7_102.gif

ANCHORS AWEIGH

MONDAY JUNE 15th

riddle

SW...231 lbs

TW....223.....209....209 lbs

CW.....180 lbs

Weekly weight loss....maintained

Total weight loss......22 lbs

To Goal....29 lbs

Measurments:

neck....15.5.....15....15 inches

arms.....14....13....13 inches

chest....42.5....42....41 inches

waist.....41....40....39 inches

hips....47.....45.....45 inches

thighs....27.....25....25 inches

calves.....16.5.....16...15 inches

Total inches lost....10.5 inches

Jon

SW....306 lbs

TW....255....224....pending

CW.....220 lbs

Weekly weight loss.....pending

Total ......82 lbs

To Goal...4 lbs

Nikki

SW....25o lbs

TW....218....201....pending

CW...170 lbs

Weekly weight loss...pending

Total....49 lbs

To Goal....31 lbs

vdarrell

SW....236 lbs

TW...229...224....219.8 lbs

CW....170 lbs

Weekly weight loss.....4.2 lbs

Total......16.2 lbs

To Goal....49.8 lbs

Measurements

Arms.....14 1/4.....14 1/4....13 inches

Bust.......45.....44...44 inches

Waist.....44.....43 1/4....43 inches

Abd....49.....49....48 inches

Hips...51....50...50 inches

Thighs....26 1/2.....26...25 1/2 inches

Calves.....15 1/2....15.....15 inches

Total inches lost......6 3/4 inches

emmysmommy

SW....148 lbs

TW.....132...124.9...123

CW....115 lbs

Weekly weight lost...1.9 lbs

Total.....25 lbs

To Goal...8 lbs

Measurements

Neck.....14....13.5.....14 inches

Arms.....13....12.5...12.5 inches

Bust....39 ....38.5...38.5 inches

Waist.....34....35....32.5 inches

Hips.....40 ....40....39 inches

Thighs....22....21.5...20.5 inches

Calves.....15....15...14.5 inches

Total inches lost...5.5 inches

Matt34hew

SW.....220 lbs

TW....200....196...196.6

CW....180 lbs

Weekly weight loss... .6 lbs gained

Total....23.4 lbs

To Goal....16.6 lbs

Measurements

Neck....16 1/2.....15 1/2 inches

Arms....15......14 inches

Chest......38.....38 inches

Waist.....36...36 inches

Thighs....22....24 inches

Calves....15....16inches

Total inches lost.....

Kudos 2 fly

SW...135.7 lbs

TW....135.7 .....134.5 lbs

CW....120 lbs

Weekly weight loss.....1.2 lbs

Total....1.2 lbs

To Goal...14.5 lbs

Measurements

Waist.....30 inches

Stomach....34 inches

Milaandra

SW....205 lbs

TW.....205 lbs

CW....185lbs

To Goal.....20 lbs

Measurements

Bust ....45.5 inches

Arms....13.5 inches

Under bust...36 inches

Hips/Belly.....45 inches

Thighs....24 inches

Calves...15.5 inches

Missou

SW...165 lbs

TW....162.5....161.4..159.2 lbs

CW....135 lbs

Weekly weight loss....2.2 lbs

Total...5.8 lbs

To Goal....24.2 lbs

Measurements

Neck......14 ....13.5....14 inches

Arms.......13,,,,12.5...12.5 inches

Bust....39...38.5...38.5 inches

Waist....34.....35...32.5 inches

Hips.....40....40...39 inches

Thighs....22....21.5....20.5 inches

Calves...15.....15....14.5 inches

Total inches lost.....5.5 inches

Rene( NEW)

SW....276 lbs

TW.....272 lbs

CW.....165 lbs

To Goal.....111 lbs

Twinrigger

SW....178 lbs

TW.....158lbs.....166 lbs

CW....160 lbs

Weekly weight loss...8 lbs gained due to cruise food:eek:

Total....12 lbs

To Goal.... Met his cruise goal and cruised happy:)

Total weekly loss........9.5 lbs

Total lost......236.6 lbs

We are 308.1 lbs AWEIGH

GREAT JOB EVERY ONE

I hope I didn't make any mistakes but please let me know if I did as it seems I am seeing double of everything ......that slow morning turned into a busy afternoon.

I'm tired again I think I need another vacation:)

Here are some challenges if you'd like to do them:

**STAIRS....Matt/Missou challenge to us......daily take as many stairs as possible and post.

**Water....Vickey's challenge.....drink at least 64 plus ounces daily and post amount.

**Exercise.....at least 15 minutes of cardio daily

**Eating......make at least 2 meals healthy wise choices

Give yourself 1 point for each completed challenge and feel free to add any you would like to challenge us to do.

Mondays ....weigh in day

Tuesdays....weights posted and congrats given

Wednesdays and Thursdays....post a weight idea or a favorite meal or recipe to help us stay motivated

Friday....post one thing you will do to make next week a better week.

Sat and Sunday....enjoy:)

Gotta go DH cooked dinner tonight even though it is not as healthy as I would like ( beans and rice with turkey smoked sausage) I will eat a small portion and add some veggies on the side.

I have to confess I did stray during lunch today .....I knew I would and hate the fact that I allowed myself to give in to temptation.

I plan on working out extra tomorrow at the Y and am going to work more on my temptation skills.:mad:

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and will check in tomorrow with my weight idea and maybe a recipe or two.

Here are some challenges if you'd like to do them:

**STAIRS....Matt/Missou challenge to us......daily take as many stairs as possible and post.

**Water....Vickey's challenge.....drink at least 64 plus ounces daily and post amount.

**Sleep..... get at least 6 hours of sleep a night... Drill Sargent Matt

Give yourself 1 point for each completed challenge and feel free to add any you would like to challenge us to do.

Mondays ....weigh in day

Tuesdays....weights posted and congrats given

Wednesdays and Thursdays....post a weight idea or a favorite meal or recipe to help us stay motivated

Friday....post one thing you will do to make next week a better week.

Sat and Sunday....enjoy:)

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and will check in tomorrow with my weight idea and maybe a recipe or two.

Great Idea Vickey. I think we should keep a small score card for this. I will volunteer to do this. Everyone's first post should tell us the challenges they are planning to do, so we know who is doing what.

I am planning to do all of them. We can start this tomorrow or Monday if it will be easier for everyone. Each Monday I will post the scores for everyone. It will be a weekly score, but if you would like, I can give you a total score for you too.

I added to the list.

My challenge for you... Smile at least 20 times a day!!!

And can I add laugh a lot too! It makes for a better day and it burns calories!! I have found I need to lighten up especially at work because half the time I am unhappy ( I stress myself out too much), while everyone else is happy, Its all due to laughing!!

The one thing I noticed more that anything else on the cruise was how bad my allergies have become. After just a couple days on the high seas away from pollens I realized how wonderful it was to be free of sinus problems. :) Then I came crashing back down to earth within a day of being home. :(

Scott

Yes! My allergies have been worse since I got home than they were before my cruise. As if being free from the nasty little pollens made me lose my tolerance.

Milaandra

SW....205 lbs

TW.....205 lbs

CW....185lbs

To Goal.....20 lbs

Not quite...starting weight 205, current weight 185, goal weight 125, total weight loss 20 lbs., to goal 60 lbs. Obviously I haven't a clue what TW and CW mean... :p

I figured I should let you know before next week's weigh in, when I would suddenly reach my modest goal in 7 days...

Well.... I thought they would cater sandwiches and salads today but they ended up ordering a delicious BBQ dinner. I did keep my selections healthy and my portions smaller. I ate chose grilled chicken breast (w/ some BBQ sauce, green salad with basalmic vinegrette (sp?), some baked beans and a small roll (no butter). I wanted the beef ribs, mac 'n cheese, and potato salad but I just said "no".

I didn't run long on the treadmill tonight since I was so tired and just not in the mood. It took 2.5 hours to drive back from LA today and I didn't get home until 6:30 so I just wanted to eat and relax. The whole 12 minutes on the treadmill (I know, why did I even try?) I was thinking about what I wanted to eat for dinner. I finally gave up and am now resting my full belly comfortably on the couch!

Take care all.

Brenda

Last night, for supper, we had a delicious silky onion soup.

Here is the recipe for 4

3 tbls of butter or margarine

3 onions

2 tbls of flour

3 cups of chicken broth

seasonning

grated cheddar for decoration

Melt the butter or margerine, add the sliced onions and cook at medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes stirring once in a while. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes while stirring constantly.

Add the broth and the seasonning and bring to boil. Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.

Put the soup in a mixer to make a puree out of it. Serve it with some grated cheddar for decoration.

Made with margarine, it has 150 calories, 8 grams of fat and 6 grams of sugar.

I made the soup with butter... It is a lot more tastier and it has the same amout of fat!!! I took the recipe from a web site that gives us the nutritionnal value of every recipe and they have tons of them. Here is the website address http://www.soscuisine.com/?sos_l=en

After the soup, we add a beef tenderloin, there was a big sale last week!! We also had some potatoes and tomatoes to go with the meat. I did not take a lot of potatoes.

For dessert, we had some Melt-in-Your-Mouth Chocolate Cakes

Here is the recipe for 4. It has 510 calories, 44 grams of fat and 15 grams of sugar hmmmmm. It was so good... Icleaned my plate...

120 g unsweetened chocolate

1/2 cup butter, unsalted

4 tbsp sugar

1/4 cup white flour (all purpose)

2 egg(s) size large

2 egg yolk(s)

2 1/4 tsp icing/confectioners' sugar

Before you start

A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.

The prepared cakes in ramekins must rest in the refrigerator at least 1 ½ h before baking.

Method

1. Butter and lightly flour the ramekins or small aluminum moulds.
  2. Separate the egg whites and yolks for the required number of yolks. Set aside in a glass jar with a lid the whites that are not used in this recipe. Put the jar in the refrigerator or freezer for a future use.
  3. In a bowl, mix the whole eggs, yolks, and sugar, beating by hand or with an electric mixer 3-5 min, until the mixture is pale and form ribbons.
  4. Melt the butter in the upper part of a bain-marie, then add the chopped chocolate, stirring as it melts. Remove from heat. Now add the egg mixture. Incorporate the flour by sifting it in and mixing with a wooden spoon.
  5. Portion out into the ramekins. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 h 1/2. (Can be kept in the refrigerator up to 1 week)
  6. When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 230ºC/450ºF. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake them in the centre of the oven for 8 min if taken straight out of the refrigerator; 6 min if you let them reach room temperature: the outside should have a nice crust and the inside should be soft and runny.
  7. Take them out of the oven and leave for 1-2 min before removing the cakes from the ramekins running a knife around the edges to prevent sticking. Turn the ramekins upside-down on serving plates, remove the ramekins, dust the cakes with icing (powdered) sugar, and serve.

I laughted so hard for about an hour, my stomach and my neck were in pain :D:D I must have burned most of the pounds that little cake gave me. I am waiting for DH to wake up to go see if any damage was done last night.

Have a very nice day everyone. BTW, I have already smiled about 5 times since I woke up this morning :D My challenge is very easy to acheive... Maybe I shoule increase the amount of reps...

There was some damage done last night. While writing the previous message, I drank 14 onces of water and that was before I weighted myself. According to the scale, the 6 came back :(:(:( I am at 161.4 :(:(:( I do not have a lot of those good meals, the occasions don't come that often (good thing). I will just have to work a little today!!!

I just finished another 14 onces of water and out of curiousity I weighted myself again... I am now at 162.2!!!!!!! That means a .8 pounds increase on the scale!!!! Is drinking 64 ounces of water such a good thing??? I know that drinking water is good for you, but so much??? I always heard that we should drink at least 32 onces of water a day.

Supposed to get 8 servings of 8 ounces of water. So that is 64. Over the course of a day that water cleanses your body and also will be removed when working up a sweat.

I just did my morning jog up the stairs to work. so 160 down.

Got 8 hours of sleep.

Breakfast was a slimfast shake.

Good morning all! Had a late night yesterday, my newhew graduated from pre-school and we had a celebration after. It was sooo cute, he had his little cap and gown....:D

on another note, they had pizza and cake. I did good during the day but I then had 1 and 1/2 pcs of cheese and 1/2 slice of everything. I was within my points for the day but still.....:(

My saving grace- I did go to the gym and worked a 30 min loop twice and did 100 crunches.

So my recipie for today is loaded with veggies and really good, fast to make and low in fat.....

Renee's Veggie Pasta

dice up as many veggies as you like-

I perfer- onion, peppers, mushrooms, TONS of garlic, tomatoes, spinach

In a seperate pot boil your whole wheat pasta until its done how you like it.

In a sautee pan, add 1 tbls olive oil and start to sautee peppers, onions and garlic, let cook for 1-2 min on medium heat.

add mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach and hit with 1/2 of chicken stock. Let this simmer down and then add another 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 2 tbls I Cant Believe its not Butter LITE Add salt and pepper to taste hit with the pasta and you are done!

You can basically cook the veggies as long as you like, I like some cooked more then others so this is the way I make it.

Enjoy( oh and sorry for the format of this recipie, I am not a really great recipie writer!!)

Have a great day everyone!!!

My favorite recipe is to heat up veggies (can do them on the stove or stir fry them) and then make up rice.

I will usually do some grilled chicken for me and have a nice meal of grilled chicken with rice and veggies.

Last time I did this, I added Hot Sauce right into the chicken and then grilled it on my George Foreman. It was awesome. Just a shame my fiancee doesn't like chicken.

Also, I have had my first 8 ounces of H2O for the day.

And thought of another item for the list.. It keeps growing.. But maybe this is just the Drill Sargent in me coming out...

I added to the list.

**Crunches..... try to get 20 to 30 crunches in, 3-5 reps of this. (so total of 60 to 90 crunches). DS Matt

There was some damage done last night. While writing the previous message, I drank 14 onces of water and that was before I weighted myself. According to the scale, the 6 came back :(:(:( I am at 161.4 :(:(:( I do not have a lot of those good meals, the occasions don't come that often (good thing). I will just have to work a little today!!!

I just finished another 14 onces of water and out of curiousity I weighted myself again... I am now at 162.2!!!!!!! That means a .8 pounds increase on the scale!!!! Is drinking 64 ounces of water such a good thing??? I know that drinking water is good for you, but so much??? I always heard that we should drink at least 32 onces of water a day.

Admittedly, some people believe that too much water overtaxes your kidneys. (Check macrobiotics) I'm working on 1 to 1.5 litres, which isn't really that much because I'm a coffee drinker.

Scales aren't accurate. Even doctor's scales aren't accurate because we fluctuate so much, and my home scales...boy! I can take my weight three times in a row and get three different weights. I live in an old house with uneven floors, and the positioning of the scale can make a huge difference, too.

Weight is only a guideline. How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Don't stress about the numbers. They're only numbers.

Archived