Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Merry almost Christmas! I've been busy baking for the holiday. All of my breads, cookies, and tarts are baked and frozen - so I can't eat them on a whim!! I'm maintaining my weight thus far....we'll see if that lasts.

Since I'm off work for two weeks, I'm not doing daily walks or flights of stairs but I've been running many errands and cleaning my house. That must count for something. I've not ran as much as I've wanted but after the Holidays I should be back into my normal routine.

Tomorrow night I'm hosting Christmas Eve dinner, then Friday is Christmas brunch for my kids and then.... I'm hosting Christmas dinner for 16 people. I've got a whole lot of cooking in my future!!! :p

Not sure if I'll be checking in before Christmas but if not... Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Take care,

B

No, no, no!!! It is not my fault if you did not pay attention when your teacher talked about the dates and what number comes first in maths rof.gif Nice going on your exercises!!!

Good morning! How are things going since the big snow strom?

Haha.. best part about that is that I have a BS in Mathematics... rof.gifrof.gif

As for the big storm. we got about 5 inches at our house. We were snowed in for the day, but I still walked to the store to return a movie and also pick up some things for us. Wasn't a bad walk. we are about .3 miles from the Store. It took me about 10 minutes to get there trudging through the snow. And about 20 to get back, as I took a back route that was a little longer.

Hope everyone is enjoying the breaks from work. I can tell you that I will enjoy tomorrow being off, but the US Government does not take vacations or days off of work... haha.. ok, yeah, they do, but I am a contractor for the Government, so i can't. I am the only one in the office, and it is nice. I can get stuff done now.

Keep up with that (2+x)/9. Only 7 more days for you. I know you can do it. And if you do, I will post my new measurements on January 1, 2010 for you.

Talk to you all later.

Haha.. best part about that is that I have a BS in Mathematics... rof.gifrof.gif

What is going to happen to us?? :eek::eek:

In the mean time, I am going outside for some snow removal if the snow is not to heavy. After that, I'll have my 3/9 :cool:

Later on, it is Christmas!!

xmas11-merry-christmas-xmas-christmas-smiley-emoticon-000331-large.gif

Hey everyone, happy boxing day!!!

Yesterday, I took an energetic walk outside. It was not too cold and it felt good. That made my 4/9. Today, the girls are coming for a brunch and then, I will have some cooking to do for tomorrow. My mother is having a lunch Chritmas party and I am bringing some goodies. I'll try to do some healthy ones... Do they exist??? I also have to workout to make it 5/9. My workout today will have to be more intense. I have to lose the weight I have gained and since I did not drink to much, it is not mostly water...

I want to go on my cycle, my rower, my Gazelle, my AKP and my stairs. I also want to take a walk outside before the freezing rain starts later tonight. One exercise I will not do is go to the store... It will be too crazy!!

Take care every one!!

I'm with you Dominique, I won't go to the store today either! I hope your lunch is wonderful. As for "healthy" goodies - I'm not certain they exist. :) Oh well, tomorrow is another day....

I actually slept in until 8:30 today - I NEVER do that. So I am well rested, no reason not to run. I do have quite a few goodies left over from Christmas. I will encourage everyone to eat as many as they want and give the rest away. I even sent home "hostess bags" home with my guests to get more of the cookies, tarts, cupcakes and such out of my house!!!

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend for that matter. It's good to still have this place for encouragement in our goals.

Take care,

B

Good morning everyone!!!

I am at 161.2 this morning... I gained 5.2 lbs since last Monday :( I have to remember that my weight lose last week was dued to my medical exam last Monday and to the fact that I did not eat at all the day before. But I did gain some weight because of Christmas and the awfull 6 did come back :mad::mad:

I also did not workout on Saturday and Sunday, that means that I am still at 4/9 instead of 6/9 :( I decided to workout for 1h40 for the next 3 days to compensate. It will make me feel good :) I will not work more or harder on each aparatus, but I will do everyone of them, my stairs and my Pilates DVD. I will also do a lot of streching after my exercises so I will not be in pain at the end of the 3 days.

Be good to yourselves waving2.gif

Good morning Losers. I am reporting my weight today at 201. I blame it on Xmas food. 3 dinners in 3 nights of wonderful Xmas food and desserts.

But I did start my Wii Fit on Sunday for an hour in the morning. Not too much burned, but I am sore today from doing the stuff.

I did my steps this morning and tonight it is more wii fit.

Today, I did an hour and 20 minutes of cardio and I have put together my daughter's drawers. Time for me to rest!! I am proud to say that I am at 5/9!!!

Keep it up Brenda and Matt!! Christmas will soon be over, so will the eating franzy rof.gif

Hello Matt!!

I am definitly getting ready for my new challenge!!! Doing some kind of workout every day, 7 days a week, for 52 weeks. It may seem like a big one, actually it is ;) but it is also a life long change and I feel up to it!!

Are you???

Well i have been taking the stairs everyday at work. and I have also been doing the Wii Fit Each day for the past 5 days.

I do about an hour on it.. burn maybe 250 calories.. but I can't expect to burn much more than that when doing some of the games it has with it.

Yesterday I did a 10 minute run on the Wii Fit (mainly it is a jog in place thing for 10 minutes). But I did it with no problems and I am probably going to do that for a few days then bump it up to 20... and then 30...

OK so sorry I haven't checked in but last week I lost another 4.8 for a total of 12 something lost. Which puts me at 247.8(I think). I have also decided to do a 5K this spring and have started to train on my treadmill. Which I am very sore right now, but will make it through. Feel the burn:)

Cruzin: congrats on your 4.8 lb loss!! That's awesome for one week.

Missou: You are an exercise machine if you are doing a work-out EVERY day for the entire year!!! I give myself a break a few days a week so I don't think I'll disappoint myself with that challenge - I already know how I would do!! :D Good for you though, you really have such dedication and drive.

As for me... I'm taking a day off of running tonight. We're just taking it easy and eating Chinese food tonight. I've ran the last 5 days in a row so it is time to take a break (even though I DO feel guilty for not running. I haven't resolved those issues!)

Anyhoo..... I wish everyone a joyful and happy new year!

Take care,

B

Happy new year everyone!!!

Brenda, the 52 7/7 challenge doesn't mean intensive workouts every day. One day, you can do a 5k run and the next day, you can do a 30 minutes walk to go back and forth to the store. The important thing is to do something every day and not just sit at the computer all day.

Welcome back Cruzin' 4 fun. Nice going on your lose, keep on going!!!

Let's go Matt, it is time for you to get rid of that plateau!!!

May the new year be good to you and may you acheive all your goals!!!

Missou: I see!!! The idea is to do something everyday! I'm still sitting here thinking that I should do my morning strength training stuff - 50 girlie push-ups, 200 crunches, and 50 lunges and squats but I just want to pass for the day. NOW, I'm thinking I should just do it because it is a small thing to do (only 15 minutes or so) and I will feel better knowing that I took care of my body. Oh, and the cinnamon coffee cake that I'm making for our family brunch.... well, that just screams "don't eat me until you have worked out!"

I think that I'll go do a mini workout now. :)

Happy New Year to all.

hi this seems like a nice supportive thread:D my name is lisa and I am a size 18 as of now....I go on my cruise in May and I really hope to be smaller I know its not a lot of time but Im determined! a comfortable 14 would be awesome for me:rolleyes: my only problem is I have broken my wrist so i have one hand in a cast and a bad knee that i know would be better if i lost some of this weight...but im only 28 so with a good healthy diet and walking and moderate paced excercise I sure hope i can do it....I would like to know that im not alone in this....i will keep u all updated on my progress

Good morning Losers!!!

I had a friend over yesterday, she arrived on the 31st and I drove her home yesterday afternoon before going to my in-laws. I totally forgot to take my measurments :D:D I took them this morning, they cannot have changed so much in 1 day!!!

Neck 13.5

arm 12

Bust 37

Waist 31.5

Belly 36

Hip 39

Thigh 21.5

Calve 14.5

My weight yesterday was at 161.5 and today, it is at 159.8.

Yesterday I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill, on the Gazelle, on the cycle and on the rower; in other words, I did 1h20 minutes of cardio workout!!! I did my AKP in the beginning and 50 ups and downs in my stairs. Hubby gave me a nice massage last night and today, I feel in top shape!!! I haven't decided yet what will be my workout today. It probably will include some DVDs.

So I am at 1/7

How did you do yesterday Brenda? Did you do your strengh training stuff after all? Are you at 1/7?

And you Matt... are you at 1/7?

Welcome to our group Ozzy!!! Do you want to join the 52 7/7 challenge? It is very encouraging to me. It keeps me on my toes since I so want to acheive it!!! I don't beleive it is to demanding, it just keeps you moving!!

Take care and keep on smiling!!!

thank you! well i did my weigh in gulp :o 230 thats what i weighed when i was nine months pregnant:eek: way worse than i thought....well I will try to work out but i dont think I am quite up to 7/7 yet because I need to take smaller steps like 4/4 I think at first...I am going from no exercise at all with a bad knee and a cast on my wrist so 4 days to start would be a huge step and I think I should set goals like once i lose _?lbs i step it up to an extra day of excercise :confused:

Hey Ozzy, exercising every day doesn't mean sweating a lot everyday. It just means taking the time to do some kind of physical activity like a simple set of Ab work or a 15 minutes walk if you can is just ok. When you are sitting down or lying down with a rolled towel under your knees, just straitening your legs 10 or 20 times will help strenghten your quads and in time, you will be able to do more with your knee. Those simple exercises really helped me after my knee surgery and they count!!! It is best to start slowly and surely. Taking a special time everyday for yourself will surely change your life ;)

Archived